Chapter 2: Does He Want To Fly?

A distant moan from a dragon pierces through the cheering, confusing and silencing the cheering crowd.

"What the...?" Stoick mutters, looking at the sky for the source of the sound.

A dragon flew by, not a second after, hundreds of dragon is seen following.

Berk's dragons chitter and screech. They look up to  the sky. Eyes narrow. Claws extend. Animal instinct is taking over.

"What in Thor's name?!" Gobber exclaims, confused by all the dragons passing by.

A Monstrous Nightmare perched on a roof lets out a savage roar before flying away, followed by the other dragons. Snotlout, who is hanging on the edge of the roof, yells out to it, "Come back! Where are you going?"

"Oh! Meatlug!" Fishlegs yells, trying to keep his dragon from leaving.

Worry and panic spreads through the crowd. They yell at each other.

"What's going on?!" Ruffnut exclaims.

"What's happening?!" Tuffnut yells.

"Flame! Where are you going? Come back!" Agnes calls to her dragon, but her Terrible Terror simply left. No looking back.

Ingrid watches the panicking and worried crowd, only one thing comes to her mind.

'Where's Hiccup?'

Hiccup and Toothless fly through an ominous looking storm cloud

Hiccup and Toothless fly through an ominous looking storm cloud. Hiccup looks down at Toothless.

"What do you say, bud? Wanna go again?" Hiccup asks.

Hiccup looks up and suddenly, hundreds of dragons are headed their way. Toothless swerves in the sky to avoid the dragons as they pass by them.

"Whoa, whoa!" Hiccup exclaims.

A Nadder's wing nicks Hiccup's head, knocking his helmet off his head.

"Oh, no, my helmet!" Hiccup cried as he watch his only remembrance from his late mother plummet down to the ocean in dismay.

Toothless, sensing his human's distress, dives after the helmet taking Hiccup by surprise. 

"Whoa! Toothless, no, no, no! Whoa, wait! Toothless Stop!" Hiccup orders, pulling on the saddle, getting Toothless to stop, much to the dragon's confusion. 

'Doesn't he want his metal head bowl with animal horns back?'

"We'll get it later, bud. We need to get back and find out what's going on." Reluctantly, Toothless gave the ocean one last glance before flying towards the village.