The realisation

(un edited if there are any spelling mistakes tell me)

(A/N from ~the future of 2020~ yeah don't read this as the first of my fanfics you read, I think this is a year, maybe two years old and is shit really, I'm working on some better junk)

TW, mental break down, possible Self harm but I'm not sure(not in this chapter)

It was a normal day for Deceit, wake up, stay in his room and that's basically it. Every now and then he would be in the videos with the other sides but they never really had a good attitude towards him you know with all the lying and stuff. That's why he stayed in his room, he didn't want to put up with them so he just stayed there in his room, alone

Thomas had just finished recording his learning new things about ourselves video and Deceit came out of his room to see what the others had done

Virgil saw Deceit and decided to confront him

"I can see you Deceit, you do know that right?"

Deceit yelped at the sudden sound coming from the darker side, He thought his hiding place was pretty good this time "good heavens Virgil you scared me! And no I didn't know!" He said in his normal villainous tone but something wasn't right, that's when it hit him (I'm not lying?) he thought to himself (I'm not lying?!)

Deceit quickly disappeared into his room and slumped back onto his bed
"How on earth...?" Deceit curled into a ball and thought to himself (if I'm not lying then I'm not Deceit and if I'm not Deceit...who am I?)

Deceit suddenly disappearing like that caused the other sides to worry even if none of them were a huge fan of deceits work

"what...just happened?" Virgil asked quietly.

Roman shrugged his shoulders and Patton was just confused

"My theory is Deceit is now unable to lie or just didn't lie at that moment, causing him to panic and leave" Logan spoke in his normal monotone voice, not looking up from his book.

Deceit was shaking slightly in his bed and crying, trying not to make to much noise. That was going well until he let out a loud sob which got Patton's attention.

Patton went to investigate with a tray of cookies and knocked on Deceit's door.

"Hello?" Patton said calmly.

"Who is it?" Deceit asked, his voice was unsteady.

"It's Patton, can I come in?"

Deceit panicked as he wiped the tears off his scales.

"N-not right n-now.." Deceit said as he tried to get himself back together.

"I brought cookies!" Patton chirped.

Deceit sighed and opened the door, I mean who can say no to cookies?

"What do you want Patton?" Deceit tried to sound as menacing as possible, Patton sat down on Deceit's bed and Deceit sat next to him.

"I just came to check on you kiddo! You sounded sad, is everything okay?" Patton was well aware that Deceit couldn't lie anymore by now.

Deceit didn't answer at first but he eventually answered since not answering Patton made him feel guilty.

"...No"