Chapter Twelve

"But I'm no longer one. I never will be again. That's a promise I am putting my life on."

"Alright kids," Aizawa-Sensei seemed to have woken up from his nap. "Since Ōtā's arrival, you all should welcome her to the class. I'm giving you all a day off. But don't get used to it. If I find a single one of you starting to slack off, I'll make tomorrow's training lesson very difficult. Understand?"

A loud "YES SIR!" echoed through the classroom before people were packing up and chatting as they did so.

"Excuse me, Ōtā-chan?" A oddly cute, nasally voice asked your name.

"Yes?" You stuttered, surprises by the sudden conversation.

"The girls in our class were wondering if we could help you move into your dorm. Then we could bond with each other afterwards." It was Tsu, again. Now that you were up close and in person, she was much prettier and cuter than you'd originally think perceived her as.

"Oh, uh, sure! That would be great! I'd appreciate it so much!" You said, nervously fiddling with your backpack.

Ashido, the other girl you sat next to, wrapped an arm around your shoulder, causing you to jump at least two feet. "Don't be nervous, girl! We know that it's kind in of awkward because of your past, but we promise that it will be great here!"

"Okay . . . " you smiled as they helped you out of the room. You and the girls learned each other's names, about yourselves, and the basics, such as what your quirks were. There was Tsuyu Asui, who you'd taken a liking to, with frog form as her quirk. Then there was Mina Ashido, with literal acid for a quirk. Then Momo Yaoyorozu, who could make any inanimate object out of her body. And Kyoka Jirou, who had earphone jacks which had various helpful uses. But who could forget about Ochaco Uraraka, with zero gravity, being able to make things float by touching them with the pads of her fingers. Lastly, we had Tooru Hagakure, with her invisibility quirk. It's on all the time.

After you'd thoroughly unpacked, you tried to make the amount of pet beds you had not-as-obvious. You all left the room, going to the girl's commons to relax while Yao-Momo made tea.

"So we've told you about our quirks . . . what about yours?" Mina asked bluntly.

"Don't pressure her, Mina." Tsu interrupted, resting a hand on your stomach. "You don't have to. Only if you want to."

"Oh, I don't mind." You smiled at Tsu. "Thanks for looking out for me anyway."

"It's an odd combination of my parents quirks. I believe they call it 'Halfblood' or something. I think they gave it a name like that from that popular book series—Jerry Pauper, correct? Anyway, I can heal anyone except myself if I utilize my left. I can manipulate and summon water with my right, like this." You places your teacup on the coffee table and lifted your arm. The tea inside of your cup slowly levitated out, and twirled around the living room in a dance before you dropped it carefully into your cup. The girls stared in awe, all but Tsu, who remained a smiling stoic, but still seemed like she was impressed.

"That's awesome!" Mina cheered, enthused by your quirk show. You blushed, but immediately stopped when you realized something.

"Is there something wrong, kero?" Tsu asked. You laughed, told them that you'd be right back, and rushed to your room.

Waiting there were Ginger, Allen, and a few animals that you had healed over the course of your "villainy". They sat in their respective beds, patiently waiting for their daily meal. You grabbed their food and apologized to each one individually for your almost-forgetting as you poured it into their trays.

You bid them a quick goodbye and turned to go back downstairs. You sat back down and you continued to get to know the girls, learning that Momo and Kyoka were dating, Uraraka had a crush on Iida, and Tsuyu was crushing on someone she refused to mention.

At about ten thirty, you faked a long yawn. You had done enough socializing for the day, and you just wanted to snuggle up in bed and read with Ginger and Allen.

Perhaps you would have a fresh start.