Zara

It's been a whole ass month since my deadbeat of a father crashed my baby shower. He has been trying to get in contact ever since. He'll come by the guess house, Derek's house, he'll come to my job and my mama's job. Like nigga can't you take a hint: We don't want you in our lives.

It's been stressing me out, him following me and my mama around, me trying to find an apartment, and preparing to give birth. I am officially 8 months, five more weeks and my baby will be here. 

All this stress is not good.

Last week I told Derek that I'm thinking about moving out and of course, he didn't take it too well. I told him that I didn't want to stay in his parent guess house forever, it took a lot of sweet-talking and one or two handjobs to convince him. 

Right now Jordyn and I are driving to the renter. She says she has a place for me and Jordyn that is close enough to Derek. "Man I hope it's a three-bedroom," Jordyn says. 

"Yeah I know right. Its been lonely since mama left". My mom moved out two weeks ago. She found a really nice place close to the new hospital she works at.

 "Hey, you got me." she joked.

 "Bitch you don't even be there. You be at yo mans house". 

"You right, you right."

"Wait what about Derek."

"He never is there. He's always at basketball practice and when he is there his ass sleep." I tell her. Derek is a heavy ass sleeper. One time last week he was taking a nap and I was cooking and for a moment I was trying to think about something that I forgot (and till this day I still don't remember what I forgot) and my food caught on fire so the fire alarm went off and Derek ass was still sleeping. I could have died and he would wake wondering what the hell happened.

"Yea Donte too. Wait ain't the Championship game today," she said.

 "I think so."

"In 35 feet you will arrive at your destination." the GPS lady said. As we get closer to the destination we see a petite white woman wearing a yellow and black pants suit. "She that the Renter lady," asked Jordyn. 

"I think so yeah."

We pulled up in front of the all-black apartment complex. Ohh I'm liking this.

"This looks like a duplex building." I told her.

 " I think it is." When we got out of the car the woman practically ran to us. "Hi I'm so glad you made it." she blurted out as she shook our hands. "Thank you for agreeing to show us your duplex." Jordyn said.  

"It's my pleasure I've been trying to rent or sell this place for years now," she says

Okay

As if I and Jordyn thought of the same thing we both gave each other a 'wtf' look