Ethereal, (Sidon x Reader)

EVENTUALLY SIDON X READER.

"It's quite odd, no?" You heard a passer-by whisper to their companion as they eyed your group warily. This was a daily occurrence, with all the news traveling quickly in the Rito Village. It was not a strange occurrence to have youngsters up and leaving the village, but it was knowing they were planning to start their own town halfway across Hyrule. Some doubted you, others encouraged it.

Being the youngest sibling of the Rito sisters was difficult. This unusual group of girls were far more ambitious than their counterparts living within the confines of their nests. There was adventure out there! So many things to experience and explore existed across the vast land. The village was rather drab at times, especially with the horrendous winds and constant updraft that lifted from the canyon below.

"Ignore them." Lulia reminded you as her grip tightened around your upper arm. She tugged at your body, prompting you to move a little faster away from the conversation.

Lulia had always been the most ambitious of the trio. She was a fully-grown Rito woman with feathers that paid no resemblance to those who currently resided in the village. Instead of your parents deep purple feathers, she was adorned with a mix of lime green and lemon yellow covering her belly, all outlined in black. Her beak was larger, more curved, and tinted with an orangey hue - far different from her sister's. While she did not resemble your parents, she did take on the traits of your late grandmother who was very similar in looks. According to your father, he certainly had a fright when she first hatched.

On the other hand the middle child, Kima, was a beautiful ombre of Persian blue into dark violet. Her feathers draped down her back and were much longer and slimmer than Lulia's. She was the more "poised" sister according to the town. Which was interesting because she was anything from poised. Perhaps it was simply due to her coquettish looks. Being of Hylian descent, you were the outlier of the group. Despite this, you had never known anything but the Rito Village and the girls and parents you had come to know as family.

Kima clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes, "I don't see why they think we're so crazy." She waved her hands around in the air, eliciting a small laugh from you to which she noted. The slightest spark in her eye signaled that she intended on stirring up more trouble.

"Kima, if you say something like last time, you'll only make it worse. We have less than a day until we leave and I do not want you making any more trouble." Lulia lectured. She had always been the mom of the group. Being the eldest child, she took on the role herself as soon as Kima was born, more so once you arrived.

"Okay mom, geez." She kicked at a rock that had found its way up the steps.

"Just go finish packing." Lulia pushed Kima toward their home where mom and dad were doing their best to keep their emotions in check.

"Whatever you say, boss." Taking off up the steps, Kima disappeared behind the curve of the rock formation. "Hey you!" Her voice carried back down toward you. Groaning, Lulia closed her eyes and took a deep breath to position herself.

"Now that she's gone," Lulia turned to you, "we should probably go ahead and get a head start, yeah?" She knelt down to look you in the eye, seeing as she was a 6 foot tall bird.

"Lia, we can't just leave Ki."

"She'll catch up."

"It's all the way down in the Faron region. She will not."

"Fine. We'll wait."

An hour later and with hugs-a-plenty, the three of you took off for your new residence down in the Faron region where new adventures awaited. What would the future have to offer? Time passed quickly as Lulia soared through the air streams carrying south. The only restraint you had on her body was sheer willpower, that and the harness Kima had crafted for your riding experiences.