In the Wind, (Revali x Reader)

"That doesn't make sense." Revali pointed accusingly at you while attempting to keep a straight face. Though he was the master of poker faces, he never seemed to be able to keep up his act around you.

"No! It's actually really easy. You see..." you stopped and rolled your eyes upon seeing a smirk growing on his face. "Hylia," you groaned, "I really hate you sometimes."

Revali was perched upon the landing that they named in his honor. A cold expression was plastered to his face as he rolled a small necklace around in his wing. The silver used to craft it had rusted and was still dirtied from the incident that caused it to become his. He couldn't bring himself to wash the last remanence of you from it. By now, he wasn't sure he could even get it off if he wanted to. Mipha had suggested seeking out one of the sacred springs that Zelda had visited, to use the water there. He had turned down each idea, stating that none was good enough for your memory. By the time he determined that he would take it to a spring near your home town, it was far too late.

It had been nearly a year since your passing and he still resented himself for not preventing it. Questions consumed his mind at all hours of the day and deep into the night. What if they never met me? What if I had gotten there sooner? It was always what if. He knew too well that there was no possible way to bring you back. Endless hours of praying and hoping seemed futile. Frustration overcame him, and while he pleaded with a higher power, he came to the realization that it just wasn't feasible. So he allowed this depressive state to engulf his every being. He allowed the Calamity to win.

"Quit being a baby." At times he could hear you scolding him for his sudden cold shoulder. He had gone from being the boastful prude to a more reserved individual in the matter of a few days. How could something like this take down even the greatest? Maybe this was Ganon's plan all along. Slowly take away things that meant the world from each Champion. So far it seemed he had taken three from the world, but hurt nearly five in doing so. Who was next?

"No, no... hey!" You grabbed at his arm and tugged it away from the main control unit. His brow raised along with the corner of his mouth. He was doing this on purpose. The ground shook as Vah Medoh jerked and jolted, sending you and Revali stumbling over one another.

"What? Is my handling of Vah Medoh not sufficient for you?"

"You're being too rough." You positioned his arm at his side and motioned for him to follow you as you strolled to the wall of the beast. Gently laying a hand on its interior, you turned back to your lover who simply looked dumbfounded.

"Too rough? Darling, this thing is made of solid metal. I think it can handle it."

"Hey! It can still be sensitive, you know? There's a soul in here, and I'm not talking about ours. You're meant to be friends, not enemies. Vah Medoh will respond to a caring hand." Your finger traced the glowing blue lines that led toward the viewing platform. The beast let out a howl then lightly returned to a safe elevation and continued on through the skies.

The metal slipped through his fingers, falling onto the deck with a small clink. He had dropped it while lost in memories. His gaze found that of Medoh's as it coasted through the nighttime sky, looking hauntingly beautiful among the stars. Were there two souls up there? He thought. Had you ever truly moved on or were you holding out, waiting aboard the flight for the captain to return?

Revali hadn't been up on Medoh as much lately. Finding it to only depress him further as he could only recall fond memories of you and your interactions with the beast. When training or running drills he'd often stop as an apparition would distract him, causing him to lose focus. You were everywhere up there. You were- you are up there. Maybe he'd give it another go.

Request: This randomly popped into my head, but... What if Revali was actually pretty attached to Vah Medoh, but because the one he had truly loved had helped him learn about it (ie, exploring, testing out controls, etc) but she also ended up dying before the divine beasts had been taken over (when revali and the other champions died)? So pretty much Vah Medoh reminds Revali of his lost love? (Sorry, not very good at describing things, hahaha...)