Mutual Feelings Pt. 3, (Revali x Reader)

Thank you for the feedback on this story everyone, I will continue it as I didn't really get any negative comments. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it as much as I am. Happy reading :)

Omisaatio (n): a desert flower that displays an eerie aqua glow as it blooms. It is found in the most peculiar places.

The wooden bridges swayed slightly under the stress of the six individuals forcing it downward. It was honestly shocking that it could even hold Daruk's incredible weight. The panels squeaked and groaned with each step forward. These needed to be replaced. Your head was glued to the sky, observing the Rito Warriors as they flew in from training. Their wives rushed to greet them along with their children. A smile almost tugged at your lips - almost. You stared blankly, watching as a couple embraced and the father scooped the young one up into the air. Their mouth opened as if to let out an amiable laugh and their eyes squinted into two rainbow-like shapes.

The wind had considerably picked up since Revali left. The sky had grown dull and a set of grey clouds loomed overhead. You could barely see the bright luminous hues of blue and white beyond the darkness that settled in. Ahead of you were the other Champions: Zelda, Link, Daruk, Mipha and Urbosa. Sounds of their distant conversation danced backward, chiming through your ears as diluted white noise.

"Looks like we have a fan." Daruk's billowing voice echoed from ahead. Your attention was naturally drawn downward, a hint of curiously at who would be down here at this time. The children were busy with their fathers and mothers right now. Surely it isn't an older Rito?

"Hi there!" Daruk said loudly, crouching down to get a good look at the person approaching. You watched as his head lowered, his hand held out to greet them.

"Sorry mister!" A screechy little voice you had grown to love passed the Champions. Soon enough, Keumi was crashing into your legs attempting to knock you over. She had a bad habit of that. Every time she grew slightly more determined to do so, but slightly weaker as well.

"Huh." Daruk stood back to his full height and gave Urbosa a confused look. His hand came to cradle the back of his neck, his fingers scratching at its base.

Keumi looked the same, except for a new splotch of red that had appeared quite noticeably on her back. Her smile was as radiant as ever and her attitude never faltered. Her eyes only seemed to grow with fascination as she looked up to you.

"What happened?" She screamed more than asked. Her tiny wing attached to your arm and tugged you down to her level, to which you complied. She angrily eyed the cut that had appeared on your face, scrawling from just under your right cheekbone to the curve of your jaw. It had faded considerably from the time when you got it. Now it was only there as a memory, it had melted into your skin in a dark brown color that could never be scrubbed away. With time, it would fade.

"Just a small cut, kiddo. Nothing to worry about." You leaned forward, bringing your hand up to shield the side of your mouth. "You should see the other guy. But I think we should be worrying about this," you motioned dramatically to her body to which she looked at you confused. "Keumi, you know you're not allowed to be this far from the Village alone. Must I go talk to your mother again?"

"No, no, no! You don't need to." She hopped around on her toes, shaking her head in denial.

"Hmm." You stroked your chin with your fingers, "Fine. I'll let it go this time. But-"

"It won't happen again! I'll wait until you get to the front steps! I promise!"

"Good girl."

You glanced up to find the Champions staring at you. They looked utterly shocked at your sudden change of attitude. Quite honestly, all they had really ever seen was sarcasm, blandness and blah. Urbosa had her trademark smirk on her face, her eyebrow raised considerably and her arms crossed over her chest. Choosing to ignore them, you returned your attention to Keumi.