1

"Where's my homework, nerd?" A tall male said to a smaller one. The taller was caging the poor student with the help of his 'friends'. The smaller shivered and gave them their homework with shaking hands.

The bully snatched it from his hand and gave the rest to his friends. They turned around and walked through the hallway while laughing as if nothing happened, leaving the student alone.

When the bullies were out of sight, the 'nerd' sighed. He straightened his body and stopped shivering. 'Byun Baekhyun' was carved onto his name tag. The student turned and left to go back to his class.

***

Baekhyun was sitting on a cafe with one of his best friends. He had many assignments to do and there was another project that will be assigned next week. He thought a little help from his friend wouldn't get him into trouble.

"Kyungsoo-yah, you already know what to write about?" He asked his owl-eyed friend. Kyungsoo shook his head.

Baekhyun sighed. They've been here for an hour already and they didn't even know what the topic on their English essay would be. The teacher only said that it should be something about problems.

The thing is, there are many type of problems in this world. Some small, some big, some about love, some about life, some about problems at home, and others are about school or the public.

One idea had crossed his mind, but he thought that it just meant suicide. It was about bullying. About why would the bully hurt others, is there an actual motive or reason behind it? Or is it just to satisfy themselves?

Knowing that someone like Park Chanyeol is in his school, the boy didn't think it will be a good idea. Chanyeol and his gang is scary. Who knows what they could do to him?

Baekhyun sighed for the nth time that day. He decided that he will just do the assignment when he got some inspiration and turned off his laptop. He decided to just study for the social studies test next week.

"Baekhyun, you're done?" asked Kyungsoo, his eyes widened for a bit. Baekhyun shook his head. "I don't know what to write," he said as he opened his social studies book.

Kyungsoo just nodded and kept thinking while listening to music. He already studied for his test anyway.

Suddenly, their phones made a "Katalk" sound. They turned on their phones and tapped on the message.

Junmyeon Eomma
Hey, you're all coming tonight?

Byun Baek
Of course, hyung
We need some break from studying too

Taozi
We're meeting at 8, right?

Kyungsoo
Yes, Tao-yah

Baekhyun turned his phone off and turned his head to his friend beside him. "Kyungsoo, you want to continue this tomorrow? It's almost 6.30," Baekhyun asked.

"Sure," Kyungsoo answered as he turned off his laptop and put it in its case. They stood up and exited the cafe.

***

The walk from the cafe to Baekhyun's house wasn't that far. It only took him about 25 minutes. He was walking with Kyungsoo, but then they split up into different directions.

Baekhyun took out his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door. His house wasn't that big, but it wasn't small either. It was just the right size for him and his family. Baekhyun had an older brother, Byun Baekbeom.

Since he's already married, he moved out of the house with his wife, leaving Baekhyun to live with his parents who both worked until night. But even so, Baekhyun and his family were very close. They almost always eat dinner together on weekends, they catch up with each other, and they even play games with each other.

Baekhyun then proceeded take a shower and get ready to go out. He threw on a pair of jeans and a shirt that was half tucked with the few top buttons unbuttoned. He dried his hair and parted it in the middle.

Feeling satisfied with his look, Baekhyun finally left his room with his phone in one hand and his wallet in his pocket. When he felt like he got everything he needed, Baekhyun left the house, not forgetting to lock the door. He walked through the streets.

Baekhyun and his friends had been wanting to visit a newly opened bakery ran by one of their friends who already graduated from high school and is currently in university. They finally had time, so they decided to visit.

When Baekhyun arrived, all of his friends were already there, well... most, anyway. They were seated on the nearest table to the counter. His friends waved at him and motioned for him to sit with them. Baekhyun walked to their table with a smile on his face. He sat in the middle of Kyungsoo and a panda-like male.

"Hyung! How was school?" asked the panda-eyed male. Baekhyun faced the male to his left. "School's fine, Tao-yah," Baekhyun answered

"What about you? Has something happen?" Baekhyun asked as his gaze softened. Tao had always felt like a younger brother to him. When they first met, two years ago, Tao left a cute impression on him. Just by the way he smiled and laughed.

"Nothing interesting happened, just about to have another test," Tao sighed. Baekhyun patted the taller's shoulders while smiling at him. Tao smiled again and all of them continued to chat.

Baekhyun didn't have many friends, but he did have some loyal friends. He knew that they would never betray him and will always be by his side when he had a problem. There are six people in his little group of friends.

He was sitting beside Kyungsoo and Tao. Both of them were the same age, but they act so differently. Kyungsoo acted like an adult most of the time, while Tao acted more like an child.

Across of him was a male with a cat-like smile. He looked at everyone very lovingly, but he can be salty sometimes. He was the same age as Baekhyun, but they were in the different class. His name is Kim Jongdae.

Beside Jongdae was another male who looked somewhat confused. He was was a little silent, but still laughed at their jokes. Sometimes, he made them too. He was a year older than Baekhyun and was one of the Chinese students in his college. His name is Zhang Yixing.

A person came up from behind the counter. His name tag read "Kim Junmyeon". He had this motherly feeling to him. The man smiled as he called his friends.

"Hey, guys. What do you want to order?" Junmyeon asked in a happy tone. Baekhyun and his friends looked at him.

"You're using banmal (informal speech) to your customers? Wow... What an owner," Kyungsoo said in a joking manner. The man just chuckled at him.

"Yah, you guys are my friends, why can't I?" He replied. They started to say their orders and ate while catching up with each other when the food arrived.

___________________________________________

Author's note:

Thank you so much for reading this! I'm sorry if the plot doesn't make much sense, this is my first public fanfiction. I'm also sorry if there are some grammatical or spelling mistakes. English isn't my first language...
Please leave comments about how to improve my writing!

I hope you liked it! :))