Roller coaster crush pt 2

Jughead POV
————————————————
The employee at the front of the line shuffled us into the first carriage of the roller coaster. I grabbed Betty's hand and squeezed it. She turned to face me. "You look adorable when your nervous, ya know." I said smirking slightly. I had a massive crush on her and have had one for a while, but have always just pushed it down inside of me, ignoring it, knowing she could never like me back. Today, maybe I'll build up the courage to tell her about it. I see her blush at my sweet comment. We put our seatbelts on and the ride starts.
We begin to go up a hill slowly, reaching the top after a few minutes. We stop at the top and start tipping towards an almost 90° drop. As we start moving, the ride stops. We hear a weird chugging sound which would be normal if we were actually moving.

The ride broke...

I turn to Betty, worried if she's realised it. As soon as I see her expression, I know she has caught on. Oh no!
Betty POV
———————————————
We (hyperventilating) are  (hyperventilating) stuck  (hyperventilating). We  (hyperventilating) will  (hyperventilating) die!!
I start hyperventilating in real life and Jughead notices immediately. He turns to face me and embraces me in his warmth, I hug back and sob.

" J- juggie, I'm s-scared" I say, crying in between my sentence. "I know betts, I know but I'm here for you. I will be your Prince Charming and save the day, ok? You just have to be strong, can you do that for me betts?" I nod. God I love him, I wish he liked me back but I knew he didn't. Anyway, it didn't matter because he had been my best friend, the day I could talk and has been ever since. I hug him once more. "While we wait for people to actually save us, I will save you from worrying by distracting you. Let's talk." He said cheerfully. "Ok, what about?" I say, giggling. "I don't know... how are you? What's new in the life of perfect Betty Cooper?" " first of, don't call me perfect!" I say, dead serious but hiding my smile, " second, my life is a mess and I needed a break so I decided I'd come today to escape the hell hole." " I'm so sorry betts, but I have been through similar and it gets better everyday. Having you in my life gives everyday a reason to wake up and come to school just to see your beautiful eyes and joyful smile, brightening everyone's day. You especially have been a big help this year because you understand in a way no one else does. You understand my darkness, trust issues and problems and that is why... well that's why I love you Betty." At this point I'm blushing like crazy. I start to tear up and so does he but he looks worried as well. "Jug I-I" I'm in shock. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have sai-" I cut him off by grabbing his face and kissing him roughly. At first he is in shock and doesn't move but not long before he kisses back rougher. We kiss until we hear footsteps coming up the roller coaster. "hey there love birds. Sorry about the ride, we don't know what happened but we are here to save you!" An employee says. Jughead blushes and I giggle.

We get off the ride, hand in hand, smiling from ear to ear  and laughing hysterically. This would be an experience I would never forget.

I hear squealing from behind us. We both turn and see Veronica standing behind us.
"I told you so!" She yells at me. I giggle and turn to Jug. He squeezes my hand and I giggle louder. Archie yells to Jughead "What did I say man? You two are meant to be.

We walk out of the gates together and as if it was timed perfectly, we kiss and fireworks explode behind us colourfully.

I will never forget this day. Not even when I'm dead. ❤️

The end!

A/N
Hey guys! This was another long chapter! Hope you enjoyed it and if you have any questions, ideas or anything at all, don't be afraid to ask!
- bye luvs!❤️❤️