Chapter Two - The Coming Of The Martians

OK so quick thing before we start. This chapter was based of the musical adaption of 'The war of the worlds' by Jeff Wayne. If you haven't heard it, I strongly recommend it.

So I waited. I waited an entire week for that wonderful woman to return. I even walked through the shortcut every day to and from work, but still no sign of her. I suppose she had better things to do than to come and find me, I still kept my hopes up.

Then Saturday approached me. I wasn't going to lie, I was dreading my 'date' with Brett. He was a great guy but, I didn't see him anymore than a friend. A friend I kept very close to my heart.

And so at eleven o'clock, I arrived at at Costa, wrapped in a scarf, coat and woollen hat. All the colours clashed but I didn't care. I turned to the table at the corner, where Brett sat. He looked up at me and waved. I walked to the table and wrapped my coat around the back of the chair, Brett stood from his seat and gave me a hug.

"Ah miss (L/N), nice to see you." Brett greeted with a wink.

"Mr Winchester, fancy seeimg you here." I joked. We normally called each other by our teacher names as a bit of banter.

My eyes scanned over Brett's outfit. He wore a plain white shirt which showed off his muscles, with a pair of jeans. He was a reasonably attractive man. If he taught any higher than primary school, he'd be a heartthrob amongst the girls.

"I hope you don't mind, I got you a beverage."

I looked to the steaming coffee on the table. "Oh, thanks Brett!"

"I know how you like your coffee." Brett looked at me awkwardly.

I sat Down and took a sip of coffee. "It's perfect!"

Brett sat in the chair opposite me. "So, How's the S.A.T.S revision going?"

I shrugged. "As well as it can be. Jamie is still driving me around the bend."

"We also have perents evening next week." Brett reminded me of that awful day. Words could not describe how much I hated perents evening. The thought of sitting in my classroom for hours at a time, talking to twenty sets of perents. I couldn't imagine anything worse.

"I'm looking forward to meeting Jamie's perents." I giggled sarcastically.

"Speaking of which. How is the little rascal!"

I raised my eyebrows. "The little shit, can't even be bothered to write his name on his work, So I've resorted in, not grading it... Not that he cares."

Brett threw backhis head and laughed. "I'd hate to teach year six."

I opened my mouth to speak, when a loud crash erupted through the entire shop. "What was that!?" I jumped in my seat.

Brett pointed behind me with wide eyes. I turned around to see the very peculiar image of a large cylinder, glowing hot. With an aura of green, surrounding it.

"OK everyone!" Yelled a very familiar voice. "Everything is under control, just evacuate the shop and get on with your lives."

I stood up abruptly. I'd recognise that blonde hair anywhere. "Doctor!" I bellowed, fighting the crowd.

"(Y/N)!" The doctor grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer. "I'm so glad you're here. There's been a bit of a situation."

"Yes, I can see that," You looked at the packed Costa.

"But I know how we can fix it." The doctor looked really proud of herself.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Brett call as he fought his way to me. "If we hurry, we can make it to the-"