Chapter Three - The Doctor's Best Friend (1)

Notes:
Hey, so it's been a while hasn't it? I'm so sorry. I've been under a lot of pressure due to exams and stuff. But the important thing is that I have written a little something for you guys.

Anyway enjoy, and have a good day!

"See you tomorrow Mindy!" I called as I signed my name on the 'sign out' sheet. I only had a set of maths books to mark, then I could relax.

"(Y/N)!" Called Brett, clumsily making his way through the the door with a tote bag full of exercise books. I whipped around to face him." Do you want to walk home with me?"

"Sure, why not?" I beamed and held the door for him.

****

As we walked down the hill. We remained silent to each other, not saying a word.

"So, this doctor character." Brett spoke up.

I blushed. "Yeah, what about her?" I tried to sound casual as possible.

"She's nice."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why? Do you like her?"

"No, but do you?" Brett looked at me with a mischievous grin. He knew, he'd managed to catch me out.

"What *psh* no!"

"You do!" Brett yelled.

"No, I don't!"

"Are you sure? I saw the way you looked at her. You are head over heals!"

"Alright, Shh!" I hissed at Brett, pushing him to one side. The doctor could be anywhere, right now, I was not taking any chances. "I may have a small crush on her but let's face it, she's an alien! And I don't know all that much about her yet. She's a complete and utter mystery.

Brett stopped. He looked to the crossroads." Well, I should be off, I will see you tomorrow. If you see her tonight, tell her!"

"Yeah, that's easier said than done." I shrugged.

"You'll be fine." Brett pulled me into an embrace and be whispered "Tell me all about it. Tomorrow."

****

I sat on the porch of my home, chin in hands and completely exasperated. All my thoughts rushed around my head, the doctor, Brett, my job. I lt was exhausting! Maybe I should go on holiday next half term. That'd be nice.

"There you are!" I heard the doctor's voice call to me as she peaked around my car. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Well, I'm here." I said, trying to mask my stress.

"I've found a really nice planet!" The doctor could not hide her excitement. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me away. "I can't wait to show you!"

"Doctor! Hold on!" I yelled. "I've just got home!"

"This cannot wait (Y/N) please!" The doctor pouted.

"but-"

"please!Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease!"

"Alright, jeez!" I rolled my eyes.

****

I leaned against the wall of the TARDIS, letting out another exhausted sigh. I was tired and hungry and not in the mood to be adventuring. Maybe it was a sign, maybe Brett was right, Maybe I should tell her how I feel.