01: Youth

(a/n okay i'm so fucking sorry if you actually waste your time reading this, its really not good. i wrote this when i was about 12 or 13 so please excuse the awful plot/ending/all round shitty-ness idk. i haven't been on this account for a while as i fell out of the fandom, but i still get notifications from this account everyday about people reading this?? so thank you? thats kinda cool, its like my really shit legacy! anyway, do your best to enjoy the mess that is this book and this a/n if you read it all the way through!)

•_________•

Youth:
noun~ The period between childhood and adult age.

•_•

Even when they were young, Katsuki had always been above Izuku. Katsuki did everything in his power to keep it like that. It made the blonde feel safe and secure knowing that Izuku was underneath him. Izuku would get put down and teased by Katsuki, just so Katsuki could control him.

The greenette had always admired Katsuki, even when the blonde wasn't being the best person ever. They'd usually do everything together, they were inseparable, joined at the hip.

They didn't worry about quirks or heroes or society. They were just kids being kids. But that changed when Katsuki turned 5.

•______•

"Hey Kacchan!" It was the last day of Kindergarten, Izuku saw his blonde friend and ran up to him.

"Oh, hi Zuki!" Katsuki smiled back. This was common for the blonde, before his quirk.

They hugged each other and smiled. On the last day they were having a little party thing. But Katsuki had other plans.

"How about we go the the butterfly garden in school! Just you and me Zuki." Katsuki was still smiling at his friend.

"Okay, as long as we don't get caught." Izuku replied, worriedly.

Katsuki grabbed Izuku's hand as they heard the bell for the start of school go. The two boys ran out and made their way to the butterfly garden. They got out of breath quickly and decided to slow down to a walking pace.

"K-Kacchan h-ho-how mu-much further?" Izuku asked his friend, taking long deep breaths.

"N-Not lo-long now." Katsuki said, pointing into the distance. "Look, there it is."

The boys dragged themselves over and collapsed in the long grass. The watched the clouds pass by as they regained their energy.

"Kacchan, why did you want to come here?" Izuku looked at his blonde haired friend.

"I just wanted to spend time with you." Katsuki replied making the greenette laugh.

"You know, we could've done that at school." Izuku said, questioning Katsuki's logic.

"Well, we couldn't have done this!" Katsuki jumped onto Izuku and began tickling him.

"K-Kacchan, STOP... I-I can~" Izuku couldn't stop laughing, his breath became hitched and the greenette started kicking around.

"K-KACCHAN!" Izuku squealed.

They both laughed and eventually Katsuki let the small boy breathe. Katsuki stood up and started to run to the steps in the middle of the garden.

"You can't catch me!" He shouted at the greenette who still catching his breath.

Izuku immediately sat up. "Kacchan, that's not fair, you got a head start." Izuku then stood up and chased after him.

Izuku couldn't catch him and eventually called it quits.

"Let's just lay down for a bit." Katsuki collapsed onto one of the stairs.

"Okay..." Izuku lay down on the step just below him.

"Zuki, lets be friends forever." Katsuki took the greenette's hand.

"You promise?" Izuku asked, looking up at the blonde.

"I promise." Katsuki looked down at the greenette.

The two boys watched as the sky faded from a bright blue to a deep orange. The whole while, they were still holding hands.

"I'm really sweaty. Come on Zuki, we should get back." Katsuki stood up and pulled his small friend up with him.

"Okay." Izuku walked just behind him. Like it's always been.

On the way back, the blonde began to sweat way too much, it was unnatural. Then a small crackling sound was heard from his hands. Katsuki lifted them up and looked at them. Small yellowish sparks were flying out of his hands. He stared in amazement.

"Zuki! Zuki, look. I think I've got my quirk!" Katsuki was so excited, he practically jumped.

"That's so cool Kacchan! I hope my quirk is as great as yours!" Izuku stared at the blonde's hands with wonder.

"Your quirk will never be as good as mine though! I'll always be the top hero!" Katsuki proclaimed proudly.

"Of course Kacchan. Because Kacchan is amazing and he can do anything!" Izuku laughed happily.

•_________•

(A/N Welcome to my story! The next chapter will be out soon. I hope this story goes well, haha.)

Word count: 707 :)