2) Welcome to The End

Ronnie sat in their chair in the concession stand, hungry customers were lined up to order. There were corndogs and popcorn(a circus classic), sodas and water, pizza, nachos, churros, cookies, gummy worms, and cotton candy along with other various candies. The next in line was a serious looking gentleman, he wore a blue trench coat and fedora. His hair was and almond brown and his eyes were a light blue, "What can I do for ya sir?" Ronnie asked with a smile, this individual had Ronnie's nerves on end but they remained calm. The man looked into their eyes, Ronnie still smiling ear to ear.

"I'll take a normal pretzel. With cheese." his tone was expressionless, "And a medium cherry slushy."

"Alright sir," Ronnie typed in his order on the cash register, "That'll be $3.50, will you be paying in cash or credit?" they looked up from the register only to be met with the same gaze from before. The man said nothing, Ronnie gulped down their anxiety as they screamed internally.

"Cash." The man placed down the money.

"Okay," Ronnie stuttered, "I'll be right back." they turned on their heel quickly and went to the tray of pretzels. Who was this dude? Ronnie thought to themselves as they wrapped up the pretzel, is he a cop? What does he want? They got a small cup of cheese for the pretzel and then retrieved a medium cup for the man's drink, don't tell me he's after the Riley and the twins! "Here you go sir!" Ronnie handed the man his order, "Have a nice evening."

"Say," the man took out a small notebook, "You don't know a boy by the name of Miles Powell by chance, do you?" Oh no. Ronnie bit their tongue and shook their head. "He's a runaway and convicted felon, his folks said that he ran to join a circus. I'm looking for the kid, if you find him call me." he slid his number to Ronnie and nodded a farewell before leaving. Veronica felt dread boil up in their gut, they shook off the feeling and continued to work their shift. There were 10 minutes left until the second half of the show started- it was 5:50 PM- Ronnie could feel insanity rush through their veins, they had to warn Escabond and Wheeler, possibly Miles as well.

---

In the world behind the curtains, the twins were getting ready for their act. Ella held her pink elephant in her lap while Raul had his resting on his head. The two were staring at the curtains leading to the arena when a girl showed up, she was blonde and pale. She looked as if she were a ghost. "Hello, Wendy." the twins said in perfect unison, "Did you see Miles's and Ron-Ron's performance?"

The girl, Wendy, nodded.

"Ms. Wheeler is looking for you."

"I am aware." the girl spoke softly.

"Are you ready to perform next?" The twins turned their heads to face her, their skin complexion was the same as Wendy's. Pale and ghost like, there were dark circles under their eyes. Wendy gave them another nod and sat besides the two, tonight was their last performance in their hometown before going on the road again. The only home these performers had was the tent, the only family they had was one another, they all had burned their pasts to get to the place they are today...

 The only home these performers had was the tent, the only family they had was one another, they all had burned their pasts to get to the place they are today