Chapter Sixteen: Let The Festivies Begin

Elaga helped get Elisabeth ready for the festival. Both of them were enjoying their time together. Elaga felt like she was spending time with her daughter, while Elisabeth felt like she was spending time wit her grandmother.

"You have such pretty hair.", said Elaga, "My daughter was also a natural blonde. I used to do her hair when she was a small child. Even though my husband...You know what, never mind. I was just going off on some silly tangent." Elaga then started to cry.

"Elaga is something wrong?", asked Elisabeth.

"I'm fine my dear.", said Elaga while wiping away some tears, "I just miss my daughter so much. I think spending time with you brought back a flood of memories. No parent should ever have to lose a child. In fact any true loving patent would give their lives to protect their children. One must accept that, and understand it, no matter how much it hurts."

"Elaga, do you need to talk?", asked Elisabeth, she started to feel concerned about Elaga's well being.

"No my darling, I'm fine.", replied Elaga, "Everything is fine now."

"If you ever need to talk, I'm always willing to listen.", said Elisabeth.

"That's very kind of you my dear.", replied Elaga, "Perhaps I'll take you up on your offer one of these days. But not tonight. Tonight is a night for celebration, not sorrow." Both women then gave one another a caring embrace. Elaga couldn't help but feel as though she was hugging her deceased daughter once more. Soon there was a knock on the door.

"Come in.", said Elisabeth. The door creeked open, and there stood Bridget, and three other women from the village. All of them were wearing old fashioned Irish white gowns.

"We're here to help you get ready.", said Bridget with a glowing smile.

"Oh that reminds me.", said Elaga, "I need to get your gown and your accessories." After she left the room, the four women were just staring at Elisabeth. It was almost as if they were a group of teenagers, and she was their favorite teen heartthrob of that decade.

"We're so happy to meet you.", said Bridget acting like they never actually met, "I'm Bridget, this is Nora, Shannon, and Aileen." Four beautiful young woman stood before Elisabeth. Two were blonds including Bridget, one had raven black, and another one had stereotypical Irish red hair. But all of them had blue eyes. If Elisabeth didn't know any better, she would swear they were all related. Except for the hair color, they had a lot of the same beautiful features. Elisabeth decided that being crowned Queen of the Festival couldn't have been a beauty contest. There was no way she could beat them.

"It's nice to meet all of you.", said Elisabeth, "But this many of you is really necessary."

"But we're your handmaidens for the day.", said Aileen, "Besides, we've wanted to meet you ever since you came here. This was our best opportunity." Elisabeth just smiled.

"Well, I'm glad to meet all of you.", replied Elisabeth, "In that case, I will gladly enjoy your company." Then to her surprise, the four woman hugged her.

"Your just as wonderful as we knew you would be.", said Shannon, "I mean, since you first arrived here a few days ago. Your the only woman we ever saw from beyond this village. We were a little curious about you. We weren't sure what to think, but we could tell you had a kind and generous soul."

"Well, thank you.", said Elisabeth, "Gosh, I hope I can live up to your expectations." Bridget just smile.

"Don't worry, you will never disappoint us.", said Bridget, "I promise you, you are everything we imagined." Elaga soon came back to the room with the three boxes that Constantine had brought earlier. She looked at Elisabeth, and the other young women, and smiled.