Chapter four

.....still on the job

"would you like me to call Winston to drive you to your destination? " Roland asked John.
"No, we'll be walking" He replied.
"Very well sir."
"Would you stop calling me that" John said letting out a sigh,
"okay, John" Roland replied with a smile, not just contagious to John, but to me also, without even realising it. He treats his workers like..... family. Speaking of which, he just has only..... two.. Except the security and the third, the driver doesn't live with them? Unbelievable, total opposite of Luke.

"Where are we going? " I asked looking up at John as we walked out of the mansion. He waved at his security, they greeted back and he turned to me
"a walk doesn't have to be a specific place does it? "
"Well yeah...in, some cases-"
"some, not most"
"Uh, okay". He has a point.
We kept walking down the quiet street.

"So you have any friends Mary? Mary
right? " he asked.
"Yes, it's Mary and Yes I have friends" I replied, smiling to myself at the fact that he remembered my name. I'm not even supposed to use my real name, but it's all good.
"Would you mind talking about them?"
"Sure.......Well Edward, owns a bar, he's always been there and also his girlfriend, even though..." I'm saying too much.
" Even though what?" He stopped at my silence.
"Well we had a problem but I guess we're good now." He nodded.
"So how about you?" I asked.

"Well I have a best friend he's name is Josh, weird and funny guy, but he's a great friend. At least he's not after my money." He smiled at the thought of his friend.
"Is he your only friend?"
"Well I mean I have a few others, but he's the only I really trust, and also my sister, of course."

We began to pass a few houses, then we came to a park.
"Then we did have a specific location" I said.
"Nope we didn't plan to come to a park, You just followed me. "
"But then you did want to come here"
"No, I just happened to spot it and decided to come here instead."
I pursed my lips and drew my brows. He began to laugh at my confused expression.
"Come on let's sit on a bench, if you get too cold then we'll go back to my house and it's some minutes to 9pm".
"Okay" I smiled as we sat on a bench, staring at the green space with road LED lights illuminating.

"You know " he began,
"the night Stella, my ex-girlfriend, broke up with me, I just drove and drove, thinking about what I did wrong. Until I spotted the Lukeaid lounge, the strip club. I told myself that it'd been a while, maybe I could get a drink watch a couple of girls dance, maybe I'd forget about it just for a moment."
He stopped, taking a deep breath, he continued
"After watching and drinking all I could, well not too much, your boss recognized me, I guess. Asked me what was wrong, I tried not to tell him but somehow he guessed"
That's Luke for you, always thinks he knows what a man needs.

"So I just told him and he said he knew what would make me feel better, so he talked me into booking one of his girls, and I did. I gave him my contact and address, The next day realising what I did I tried to cancel but I didn't get his phone number. He told me he wouldn't tell anyone, about my visit to the strip club. He actually made sense saying and I quote, "a man would do anything to heal his broken heart"
He's right though and he said, me coming to his strip club, gives him a reason to trust me, and I him."
He let out a sad laugh and all I could feel was the guilt of bringing up the break up.

"Why are you telling me this? I'm nothing but a-"
"Stranger?" he cut in turning to me.
"I mean even if you'd threaten to tell the whole world that Downey Patterson's son almost slept with a stripper after his break up you'll have your boss to deal with. I'm pretty sure all he wants is the money. Plus I can tell you're not enjoying this job.
When you came today, I could've denied your coming to the security......but something inside of me told me to let you guys come in, then I thought to myself that I would say no right in Luke's face. Then I saw you, you looked tired, hurt. You just didn't look happy."
I looked away. What is he a psychic? I must have given away too much.