Chapter 2: His Voice

It's the same nightmare I've had for weeks. I stand in a grave and I look up and see all of those who died because of me. They yell at me screaming about how I should be dead, not them. And I should.

I killed them all in a way. There are so many who died because for some reason my life was seen as more valuable than theirs.

Finnick, who will never meet his child because he was protecting me from the rose mutts.

Rue, who died because I left her alone in the woods.

Mags, who died because I couldn't carry her away from the fog.

And Madge and all the countless others who were burned alive in a bombing I provoked.

Lastly, Prim, who died trying to help fallen children after the other rebels and I came to the city circle.

As I try to block out there screams they begin to dissolve into ashes and smother me in the grave. I keep screaming their names and saying I'm sorry but the won't stop.

Then I see the careers from my first games.

"Wow looks like the girl on fire doesn't like ashes!!" Cato laughs.

"Looks like Lover boy won't save you this time!" Clove sneers.

But then I hear him. Peeta. He is calling my name.

It's his voice that brings me back to reality.

-------------------------------------

Hey so yeah I decided to elaborate on her nightmare and didn't want her to wake up until the end. I wanted to do the next chapter in Peeta's pov to show what he thinks when he hears her.