Chapter 18: A Way to Keep the Memories Alive

Peeta's POV

I hated leaving her alone for the day, but I had to go get something special for her. She always told me how her favorite New Year's gift was the orange her father had traded for at the Hob. A special treat that had been just for her and Prim.

I can't believe how expensive they were. I thought after the rebellion they were supposed to stop robbing us after the rebellion.

Anyway, as I begin to walk home, a light snow begins to fall. I start to walk quicker, Katniss will be frightened if I'm gone to long and it's snowing. The flakes are huge and by the time I reach our front door, my tracks when I entered the Victor's Village are gone.

I open the door and am hit by the warmth of the fire and the smell of the cheese buns I left Katniss this morning. I find her on the phone in the study, talking excitedly.

"So, you'll send it tomorrow?" I hear her ask. The other person must say yes because then I hear her say,"Ok thanks so much! Bye!" and hang up.

"What are they sending?" I ask and she jumps. She turns around and you can tell she calms down when she sees it is just me.

"Peeta! You scared the shit out of me!" Katniss yells at me.

"That's my job. Anyway what's getting sent here?" I ask her and her eyes light up in excitement.

"Oh that! Well it just the first step in my plan so that Annie's baby and our children would know what we went through and the people we lost." she says.

"And what is your plan?" I inquire.

"Well you know my family's plant book?" she asks.

"Yeah. I kinda help you work on it when you bruised your tail bone." I tell her still a little confused.

"We I thought we could make another book similar to it. One with the people we lost, the things we've been through. I know it will be hard, but children will have questions. And this might be the way to answer those questions a little easier. You could draw if I doesn't bother you to much. And then we could right everything we remember about that certain person or event. We would have to take our time so nothing gets left out and we don't emotionally exhaust ourselves, but if we believe in a better future, I think we can do it." Katniss says, breathing hard because see talked without barely taking a breath.

"That's the best idea I've heard. When did you get so smart?" I ask her, jokingly. She pretends to get angry.

"Hey! I've always been smart." She says grabbing my shoulders.

"I know but it's fun to tease you." I tell her pulling her into a sweet tender kiss.

-------------------------
Hey so sorry it took so long. Just so you know I still don't have wifi. I wrote this at club show practice waiting for my solo to come up. I'm so nervous right now. Anyway don't think I forgot you guys. Be patient! I'll be back sooner than you know it! In the mean time, I'll try to find pictures for my chapters.

As always Love y'all

Rock On!

-Kayla