s t a g e t h r e e

............................................................

BUTTERFLIES IN HER STOMACH WASN'T REALLY A NORMAL FEELING FOR (Y/N) BUT OH BOY WAS SHE NERVOUS RIGHT NOW. The young girl stood in front of the mirror in her new UA outfit, checking herself out and debating on how she should introduce herself.

She didn't know why; they were just anime characters and she knew how to impress them but she still felt nervous. A small giggle came from the doorway and (Y/N) turned to see her "mother" standing there with a polaroid camera.

"My daughter is so cute and look at her, she's all grown up now,"  Her mother said, holding the image in her hand, "I'm going to cherish this forever."

(Y/N) turned red at having been caught and because of her mother's teasing so she snatched the photograph from her mother's hand and examined it. It was her standing in front of the mirror, staring at herself. Surprisingly, she looked decent. She was sure that she wasn't that photogenic before so how did this change now.

Deciding not to delve further into it and blaming it on game logic, she gave the picture back to her mother and kicked her out of the room.

After a while, (Y/N) walked downstairs and ate breakfast with her mother and father — she noticed that she seemed to be the only child so far — before leaving to go to school. On her way, she decided to use her new phone and listen to a custom playlist made up of her favorite songs.

Before long, she was at her destination. Unlike the anime that made it look so easy, the main building of UA was ginormous and it was easy to get lost. (Y/N) was starting to lose faith in herself when she spotted a happy pink haired girl so she just decided to follow her.

It seemed to be the right choice, as the girl led her right in front of a big door labeled with an A. The pink haired girl — Mina Ashido — went inside and (Y/N) followed suit. There wasn't as much chatter as she was expecting there to be. It seemed as though she was a bit early.

Very early, it seemed from the lack of students in the classroom.

"Hey, I'm Mina Ashido," the pink haired girl turned around and said after (Y/N) chose one of the seats in the back of the room. "Oh, hey," (Y/N) responded, slightly startled that someone was talking to her, "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), it's nice to meet you."

"Oh, I remember seeing your name on the leaderboard. I mean, you weren't that high up but I still caught your name and thought how unique it was."

"Haha, thanks I guess," (Y/N) replied, sheepishly scratching the back of her head and searching for compliments to give the girl in order to keep the conversation going.