Chapter 3

Maggie's POV

I have no idea what I'm gonna do now! They actually think I killed a person, and the worst part about it is that they don't believe me. As I was just sitting there so deep into my thought the door opened and soon came in the two detectives. They both sat down in front of me and asked me if I wanted a drink. If I remember correctly, his name was detective halstead. I replied with a no thank you.

Detective Lindsey sat beside him and spoke, asking me why my finger prints came up on the garbage can which had the body in it.

I told them that there are plenty of finger prints on garbage cans so yeah of course mine would be on it. But her reply was that the fingerprints of mine were freshers than anyone else. Leaving me stubbled upon, of what words I can use to make up an excuse .

There was a few seconds of silence until I said I wanted a lawyer and the two detectives got up and left the room.

(In the office of hank voight)

Voight: anything from Maggie?

Halstead: nope nothing just wanted a lawyer.

Voight: I tried getting ahold of her parents but nothing. Since she is 16 we really can't go at her without parent consent unless she consents but now since she just lawyered up we have nothing.

Lindsey: well we could go under the books and cancel her lawyer and see what we can shake out of her. I think she is hiding something. Something a lot bigger than just this .

Voight: what do you think halstead?

Halstead: I mean I don't know! She does look like she is hiding something but she is just a teenager and they all tend to be sneakier now a days.

Voight: alright lets do it. We don't tell no one we're going under the books and call the lawyer and tell him not to come in and make up an excuse. Lindsey start to dig a little deeper into Maggie and pull anything you can and when your done that halstead help out to please.

Hey my peeps how y'all doing! I know it took so long to update and I've been so busy lately but I hope you liked it and the next chapter will be up soon 🤘🏻