Chapter 4

Halstead's POV

After I was done calling Maggie's lawyer telling him we were releasing her so we can do this secretly, I hopped onto the computer to find more things about Maggie. I checked out her school records and searched to see if she had any criminal records and both came back clean. I don't get it. She's definitely hiding something but won't tell us. I have this feeling like I know her but I don't. It's like she's from my past. Did I arrest her before? No she doesn't have a criminal record. Maybe I did but released her! Or maybe we just bumped into each other before! I can't pin point it. As I'm sitting there stubbled upon what to say or think I sit there clueless. I mean she's what 15,16 we can't just get the answers out of her like we would do if she was an adult. But it may have to come to that.

I look over to Erin and she's busy typing away. She finally glanced up at me and asked if I found anything and I said no. She said she didn't either was was weird maybe Maggie is a good kid.

As hank walks out of the office he notices that we have a hard fought look on our face. He speaks up and says so? We didn't find anything yet it's like she's perfectly clean no record of any sort and school records are clean I said.
As I look back at my computer I see something unusual. I can't believe I missed it. Her birth record doesn't show her last name. Why I wonder that's odd.
I walk into Hanks office and show him her birth certificate and he told me to go down and try to get some more stuff out of Maggie and see if she knows anything about this.

As I was walking down to bring Maggie to the interrogation room and alarm goes off. I run back to the top floor where everyone is surrounding the video cameras too see nothing all just frozen cameras. Someone has hacked in to our system.

Go get Maggie hank yells!

I run to the floor where the cells are and find that no one is in I run back up out of breath and tell the squad that she's gone.

Maggie's POV:

I was sitting in my cell bored as hell and just pacing back and forth. I hear footsteps coming towards me until I see Simi my best friend. I was thinking wtf how is she her or get past all the officers. Simi I questioned her? She said we have 8 minutes before the cameras unfreeze and we're trapped. I asked her were she got the keys from and of course she stole them off of an officer.

Simi is a hacker we have been friends for years upon years. We ride together we die together. Simi and I are apart of a gang called the lord of evils. I guess the cops didn't figure that out thank god.

We're out of the building and ran to the nearest buss station. As we got in we see cop cars speeding everywhere but we were already on the buss no where to be seen.
Reaching Simi's house I started to ask her questions as to why she broke me out. I have thoughts saying I should go back and turn myself in, but then again if I run they might not catch me. My mind was going a mile a minute and I couldn't think straight.

Simi now I'm gonna be in more trouble with the police. With Simi's smartness she says "that's if we get caught". I mean I don't know I'm just nervous and I don't know what to do. They actually think I killed someone Simi! I didn't and you know I didn't.

"I know Maggie calm down" she tells me.
I have to go back there and turn my self in I have to. I have to show them I'm innocent.

"Okay and when they find out ur in a gang then what huh"? Simi tells me. You do know we aren't technically in it right? I say to her.

"And how do you figure that Maggie? Your either in or your out. You know if your out ur dead" she replied.

I know... I know... but we do tag building to warn people are gang is going to do something rebellious to them. So we aren't really criminals in a way.

"Maggie I love you and all but your so dumb! Tagging building is graffiti. Graffiti is illegal. And the amount of times we have tagged a building we can get serous jail time".

But... I replied

"Maggie you know it. You can't go back to the police. That's the worse option you have right now".

Okay okay I replied. How about we get some sleep ya?

"Yeah sound good" Simi replied.

Hey guys and girl sorry I haven't updated in so long I've been so busy lately. Hope you all like it.