♤ Demolition

♤ Demolition

"Geez, my throat feels dry."

She coughed and stood up from the bed, feet on the warm carpet. Someone thrust cold glass filled with water on her lips and she steadily drank the liquid, it relieved her throat.

"Thanks..."

It dragged on when she studied the surrounding. It wasn't her home sweet home and looked up at the guy standing in front of her. She had seen this raven head guy somewhere, had she? He looked familiar.

"Um... am I at your place?"

He nodded and took the empty glass from her. She facepalmed remembering how drunk she was last night and no wonder she might have hooked up with this guy or not. She wished the latter. She looked at him through her fingers, he was pouring another glass of water. Suddenly she recognized him.

"You crazy girl? That boy is dangerous! He beats up guys bulkier than his size like a mad dog, there wasn't a time they didn't leave with broken bones."

Lea's words edged in her mind, the way she had exclaimed so loudly.

He passed her the glass and she took a sip from it. "Well... I think I should leave now." She laughed awkwardly, keeping the glass aside as she stood.

"You are scared of me."

His statement sent chills down her spine and she paused, how did he assume that. She was only a few inches away from the door, if only she could take two steps, she could run away from this awkwardness.

"Of course no duh." She chooses to stay, she wasn't actually scared of him. He didn't give her any odd vibes to make her hide like her friend. "I don't really know about you and I can't judge you according to someone's perception."

That soothe him down but of course, she couldn't read him as he could.

"Get to know me because I want to know you."

For some reason the way he spoke, it felt like those were orders but on the other hand, she thought he might just want to be friends.

"Sure !" She narrowed her eyes, not really meaning it.

Could it be a mistake to befriend some classic rich boy with violent nature but also someone who is alone?

Why would it be?

It wasn't a mistake after all.

She thought, not sure that she was about to be tangled deep into the dark world of his.

"Rebus Schwarz."

Is that his name? She thought it was quite an difficult one. Lea did tell her before, though he was one of the hottest guys on the campus, no one really knows his name. Even the professor wouldn't call his name out loud. Strange as hell.

"(name) and wow your house is massive."

He gestured her to follow him down the impressive staircase and the walls and ceiling were painted like the ancient homes of the greek.

"My mother used to love greek culture."

Well, that explained a lot, there were even greek figures standing at the sides like a beautiful showpiece. Strangely she didn't spot another being other than them inside.

"You live alone?"

He opened another door and guided her into the dining room. The dining room was far more luxurious than she had seen on the TV. About twenty or more chairs were kept around the large dinning table yet the room still looked so spacious. He pulled out a chair for her and she kindly accepted it. The mouth-watering smell of freshly baked bread hit her nose and the urge to stuff it in the mouth, she controlled herself. He took the seat at the head of the table, right next to her. He pours the milk and gesture her to eat anything on the table. She didn't refuse as she set some delicious looking bread on the plate and started chomping. He choose only to drink his black bitter coffee, through the side he watched her gingerly.