♤ Farewell

[ Have I lost myself
Or have I gained you]

"H-How-?"

"How what ?" His silver eyes glared at her stunned face. The large gash under her stomach and the cover was stained with blood the once clean white bed sheet. Her skin slowly turned pale but she still managed to smile regardless of the pain. He rolled his eyes at the way she smiled. Sprawl out in the middle of the bed, eyes stuck on him.

So lovingly it disgusted him.

"That tablet didn't work huh." She managed to whisper.

"No. You assumed I swallowed it but I didn't." He took out the knife from the stomach and she cried in pain. He eyed the knife before plunging it back but this time in her chest. She threw up blood.

"Gosh I love you."

He slapped her hands away. "Just fucking die already." He walked to the door and opened it to a waiting Salvador.

"Clean this up."

He nodded and walked past him.

He walked out of the room in haste and got inside the elevator. His men didn't question him as he nearly leapt out of there once the elevator door opened and got inside the waiting car.

"Drive fast!"

The engine roared and drove at a lighting speed. He gritted his teeth. Something didn't feel right. Something was so wrong he knew it. The car crucially stopped in front the airport and he sighed. Soon he should be with her.

Four hours later;

"Oh welcome back again sir." The guard greeted him with uncertainty.

Again? He glared at the guard before he drove inside his resident. He quickly walked out of the car and entered inside and scanned around. Nothing seemed to be out of place.

He marched up to the bedroom expecting her to be there and when he opened the door she was there. Sleeping in the middle of the bed so peacefully, his heart fluttered at the sight. All the worried ceased at least for a while... It was only at that moment when he approached and sat near her, he noticed something. He bent closer to her resting form and noticed the bruises or maybe love bites on her neck, shoulder and -

Shakily, he took off the blanket and bitterness filled him.

She was filled with those disgusting red bruises.

All he saw was red when he walked out of the room and ran towards the basement where he had a hidden passage for weapons. As he got closer the smell of rotten flesh hit his nose and he slowly opened the door. Below him few feet's away was the decaying corpse of the maid he had assigned few weeks ago. On the wall painted with blood was a small smile emoji and a tiny letter 'n'.

He shook in anger as his eyes started to harden. Taking out his phone, he barked.

"All of you report to the basement right now !"

Hurried footsteps neared and immediately ran to where he stood.

"What's this?" They all felt his rage and many pairs of eye looked at the corpse. "I'm gone for two days and this is what's happening huh?"

"Sir I-

"Phillip was it huh? Close the door behind you."

Phillip shakily did as told.

"I paid two million euros to your agent in advance because they said you were the best of the best. I trusted the ten of you. How foolish of me."

"Sir I assure you no one came to the property rather than yourself. You were also present yesterday."