Chapter 20

Keith's POV

The auditorium held all of the performers in its chairs. The band sat in the front row half asleep with loads caffeine. Casey stood in front of the stage.

"Well good morning musicians. Last night was amazing, possibly the best festival I've ever run. All of you deserve placings in the California band battle. Unfortunately we can only take three groups through. I won't beat about the bush any longer. The bands going through are."
She paused.

"Lotor and the generals. Chromium and Crimson Carnation."
The groups cheered.
"Yeeeeaaaaah?" Lance hollered. They high fived.

Lance's POV.

Casey handed out new folders to the people sitting around the table.
"After you're done here you guys need to pack and head off as soon as you can. I'd advise you to go in your competition outfits as you'll arrive in Los Angeles only half an hour before the show starts. Our number is in the folder if you get into trouble. Good luck. Get packing."

Lance stood from his seat and followed the others out the door.

"Wow I actually can't believe it." Allura said excitedly.
"Yeah its unreal." Keith added.
"We're going to California baby!" Lance yelled a little too loudly. He wrapped his arms around Keith. "I can't wait."

"Has everyone packed everything?" Hunk asked.
"Ye." Pidge chirped. "It's all over there."
"Ok check the bathroom."

"Right everybody change into your stage wear before we go. That way we'll have more time to do makeup when we arrive." Romelle ordered.

They changed and finished packing the instruments.
"Last bag in let's go."
"Holy shit I'm nervous."

Fifteen minutes later the van stopped.
"What's up?" Lance asked.
"Pizza break." Pidge announced. They returned ten minutes later with the food.
"Drive." They told Hunk. They sped off onto the freeway.

Keith's POV

The van left Arizona two hours later. They drove past the sign announcing You are now leaving Arizona. Drive safe.

"How well do you think Lotor will play tonight?" He wondered.
Pidge snorted. "He'll be as sickly charismatic as last night I'll bet. Unless he ran out of motivation from staring at the birds that follow him around."
"Yeah probably." Keith laughed.
"From what I've seen from those girls they seem like complete bitches." Romelle added.
"True that hon."

Keith shook Lance awake. "Hey wake up we're in Cali." Lance lifted his head and looked out the window.
"Wow. It's dark." Lance murmured.
"Yeah not much to see here it's the countryside."

"Hey look we're in LA!" Hunk announced half an hour later. The band rushed to their windows.
"Wow the city lights look incredible." Keith said. They gazed around for another 20 seconds.

A huge mass rammed itself into the van.

BANG

"Oh shit." Allura said. She sat up. "Is everyone ok?"
"Yeah."
"Ok I'm going to pull into the beach parking lot. Hunk said. Slowly moving the van.

"What happened?" Keith asked.
"Someone crashed into us." Lance said.
"Did you see them?"
"No." Pidge replied. "The bastard sped away before we could get a good look."

"What are we going to do now?" Keith asked.
"We've still got 112 miles to drive. We can't get to the stage in time." Hunk said.
"What?" Lance screeched. "But we came so far."
"There's literally nothing we can do Lance." Allura mumbled.
"Yeah I suppose you're right. Do what you need to do"
Hunk took out his phone. "I'm calling school." The others nodded.

"Now we wait."

Lance's POV

He and Keith sat on top of the van unable to sleep.
Lance checked his phone. 12.16am.
"The ocean looks really pretty." Keith mumbled. "I can't believe that I went 18 years without seeing it."
Lance turned towards him.
"Wait you've seriously never seen the ocean before."
"I've been in the Arizona desert my whole life Lance. We don't even have lakes"

Lance grinned"Take off your shoes."
"What?"
"You heard. Take off your shoes"

"Wait we're not?" Keith was confused. "Are we?"
"Yep." Lance grabbed Keith's hand and led him off the van.

They ran down the sand barefoot into the dark sea. Quickly wading about half a foot into the water before falling over. Laughing their streaked eyeliner covered faces off with their mouths full of seawater.

Keith held out his hand and helped him up. Holding him close.

Lance pulled Keith in. He placed his arms on his waist. Keith responded by resting against his chest.
Keith looked into his eyes as they glistened in the light. He reached in and collided his lips into Lance's.
Lance once again felt the energy radiating from their beings. The most amazing feeling ever.

They knelt down in the water. And the waves crashed over them. They gazed at each others shiny eyes and wet hair.

Lance smiled.

"You mean the world to me." Keith told him.

Fin-