Chapter Fifteen

"This is awful." Hermione said, after taking a sip of the green drink being served. She scrunched her nose, and offered it to Harry who stepped away from it. "No thanks." he replied. Hermione shrugged and set it down on a floating tray. "Potter." muttered a voice from just behind them, it was so close and sudden, it made Hermione jump. They turned to find Snape staring down at them the way he always had. She wondered if he was going to deduct points from Gryffindor for disliking her drink. Perhaps it was Snape's brew? "I have come to deliver a message from Dumbledore." he mumbled. "Alright." replied Harry, looking up at Snape with hate. "He would like to wish you a well Holiday, and would like for you to know he won't be here for the remainder of them." he said, dully. It was as if everything bored Snape. Hermione felt her stomach twist in worry, she glanced side ways to Harry who was no doubt thinking of the message they had to deliver. "Well is he still here? There's something we need to-" Hermione began but was interrupted. "He has already left Hogwarts." said Snape, before turning and disappearing. Harry and Hermione exchanged panicked expressions. He pulled Hermione aside quickly, with wide eyes. "We didn't get to tell him!" he whispered. "I know." Hermione replied nodding. "Do you think we should be worried?" he asked. "I...I'm not sure. I suppose it depends on where he's going. Perhaps it's best that he left, Harry. The Death Eaters still think he's at Hogwarts." she said, "Maybe we should talk to Draco about this."  she added. Harry hesitated. "But Hermione maybe.." "Maybe what? Harry we don't have time to hold grudges. We just have to trust him, it's the only choice we have." she said firmly, believing the words as she said them.

...

"I made the unbreakable vow!" hissed Snape, pinning Draco to the wall in the shadows. "Don't you realize what that means you ignorant boy?!" he demanded. It only took Draco a second to turn into his old self again, after all it was just for the show. He pushed himself off the wall, challenging Snape who stepped back ."I don't need you! I was chosen!" he exclaimed, before storming off and away. It wasn't until he was in a different hallway that he allowed himself to lose the act. The worry now clear in his face. Snape made the unbreakable vow. If Draco didn't kill Dumbledore, Snape would have to, or he would die. Draco now had more lives in his hands, he couldn't handle it. His palms were sweaty, his heart pounding, his stomach was in a knot. Soon his ears were ringing, and his head was aching. He fell against the nearest wall, squeezing his eyes shut. Each small noise rang through his ears louder than a Mandrake. He had never felt this way, practically hyperventilating, he attempted to stand and head to the nearest boys bathroom. It had suddenly become to much, the constant worry he had tried so hard to ignore, his mother's life on his hands, along with his own and despite anything his father was still his father. He wished death on no person...except Voldemort. Now he had Snape's life on his hands too. He shouldn't be worried about Snape, for Snape was a death eater too. He just couldn't hate him, he had the strange feeling that Snape was more than he appeared to be...the way Draco would like to think of himself. "But..." thought Draco, "Then why would Snape be willing to make a vow such as this one? Perhaps he wanted Dumbledore's blood on his hands." He didn't know what to think. He found the bathroom, and ran to the sink. Draco tore of his robes and loosened his tie, then began tossing the cool running water onto his face, but the images in his head couldn't be splashed away.

...

"I'm going to the ladies room." said Hermione, wanting to get away from the party for a moment. Harry nodded, and nodded his head towards Ginny, who was standing alone. Hermione gave him a small grin before walking away.

In the girls room, Hermione smoothed out her dress and flattened her hair. She leaned against the sinks for a moment, closing her eyes and letting a few moments tick by. Hermione was alarmed to hear a distant, short, sob. She followed the direction of the sound, walking slowly to the wall of the room. She set her ear to the wall, listening carefully. When she heard nothing, she tapped her wand against the wall, muttering a spell to help her hear. It was someone in the boy's room, now breathing quite heavily. She panicked, perhaps someone was in danger? Had the boy been hurt. Maybe it was a first year, she sometimes found them crying by themselves because they were lost or hexed, and didn't know what to do. Hermione decided there was no harm in checking and as a Prefect it was her duty to make sure everything was all right. Hermione made her way to the boy's room, opening the door slowly and quietly. When she stepped in, she immediately saw a boy leaning over a sink. Fair hair...and a green tie. "Draco?" she whispered. He turned quickly, pulling out a wand and pointing at her all in one motion. She raised her hands, palms out. "Hermione?" he asked lowering his wand. "What are you doing here, I mean why...this is.." Draco attempted to straighten his posture and recover immediately. Hermione wasn't fooled. "I thought I heard crying, I wanted to make sure everything was all right. It doesn't look like it is." she replied. "What happened?" she asked.

...

Draco sighed. Hermione looked at him, the concern obvious. "I...." he began. Should he tell her? One more look into those brown eyes and he knew he had no choice. When it came to Hermione, Draco always found himself not able to lie. "Snape has made an unbreakable vow...if I don't kill Dumbledore, he has to...or he dies."

Hi everyone! WOW 1.1K?!?!?! This is amazing! I've been so eager to get out a new chapter since this happened. Thank you so much to all who has read, and is still reading. It means so much...more Dramione on the way! (Leave a comment letting me know what you think!) Thanks! -jazzyjstar*