Dinner

"I'm not ready for this!" Will exclaimed, buttoning up a white dress shirt.

Nico looked over, rolling his eyes. "You'll be okay."

"This isn't just something little, Neeks!" Will yelled, panicking. "I'm meeting your dad. The god of the underworld."

Nico walked over and planted a gentle kiss on Will's lips, "He'll love you immediately."

Will slightly smiled and then took a breath, "Okay, I think I'm ready."

Nico grabbed Will's hand and shadow traveled the two of them to Hades' palace in the underworld.

Will and Nico were still holding hands when they walked through the palace gates. Will jumped when a skeleton wearing Ancient Greek armor ran up to them.

"Prince Nico, William Solace," said the skeleton. "King Hades and Queen Persephone have dinner ready in the dining hall."

They walked through the halls of the palace. Will nervously gripped Nico's hand tighter. Nico rubbed the back of Will's hand with his thumb.

They walked into the main hall. Hades and Persephone were setting the table.

Persephone was the first to glance at them. She smiled sweetly and gestured to a chair. Will and Nico sat down.

Once everyone had food on their plates and were satisfied, Persephone spoke up. "It's so good to finally meet you, Will. We've heard a lot, all good things."

Will looked at Nico. "You talk about me?" he smirked.

Nico blushed, "No. No I don't. I don't talk about you."

Hades burst out laughing. Persephone glanced at him and quietly chuckled.

"He talks about you all the time," Hades said, still laughing.

Nico rolled his eyes and shoved his mouth full of food to avoid talking. Will pressed his forearm against Nico's.

"Don't eat so quickly, you're gonna get sick, sunshine," Will said, pushing Nico's plate back a little. Nico just sighed and sat quietly

There was an awkward silence until Nico quietly spoke up, "Daddy, can you pass the salt?"

Both Will and Hades reached for the salt shaker at the same time. Hades looked up and at Will with a raised eyebrow. Will's face immediately flushed and he pulled his hand back. Persephone paused and then stared directly at Will.

Will started stuttering, "I- I can explain. I swear. Um.. I'll explain. It's not what you think."

Hades slowly passed the salt over to Nico, who's face was bright red. He muttered a quiet "thanks" and went back to silently eating.

Will looked up at Hades and Persephone. There was a long silence until Hades started hysterically laughing. Persephone glared at him and lightly smacked his arm.

"Now is not the time to laugh!" She exclaimed, glaring at her husband. He was still dying of laughter.

"But it's hilarious!" He managed to say, short of breath.

"I cannot believe you!" Persephone firmly stated. Her gaze moved towards Will and Nico. "And I cannot believe you two either!"

Nico's heart race increased and he panicked. Grabbing Will's arm, he quickly shadow traveled back to camp. He fell face first onto his bed and groaned.

"Why did I say that?" Nico complained, face buried in his pillow. Will lightly patted his back in a comforting way.

"At least your dad thought it was funny. And I think I made a good first impression," Will joked and Nico rolled his eyes.

-<~>-

Hi, me again. I'm sure you're tired of me at this point but I wanted to mention that I won't be writing as much. My significant other is pregnant and my main focus recently has been taking care of them. I sincerely apologize, please don't hate me. I know this was a short chapter but I was in a rush to write it.

Have an excellent day,
River