How You Met (Jonathan)

It was a Tuesday in Wales and you were struggling to get the key in the lock.
The snow was falling in blankets around you and you just wanted to get inside your shop.
You owned a weapons shop, it was a quaint little space, with displays lining the walls.
"Having some trouble?" A voice pulled your out of your reverie.
You looked around and almost didn't see him; his hair was almost as white as the snow the fell, and his clothes were white too.
"Just this stupid lock. But its fine really," you assured the stranger.
But he didn't move on, and when you unlocked the door, he followed you in.
"Oh I didn't realise you were coming into the shop. Sorry!" You smiled brightly, but he just silently browsed the weapons.
"With all those white clothes you blend in with the snow!" You laughed, he faintly smiled at you.
"I'm mourning," he disclosed, testing the weight of a sword.
"Don't people normally wear black when they mourn?" You asked, shrugging off your coat and scarf.
"Not in my religion," was all he said. It faintly rang a bell.
"Like that old children's rhyme. How did it go?... Oh I remember; black for hunting through the night, for death and mourning the colour's white, gold for a bride in her wedding gown, and red to call enchantment down.
White silk when our bodies burn, blue for when the lost return.
Flame for the birth of a Nephilim, and to wash away our sins.
Grey for knowledge best untold, bone for those who don't grow old.
Saffron lights the victory march, green will mend our broken hearts.
Silver for the demon towers, and bronze to summon wicked powers," You recited, and he paused.
He looked over at you and squinted his eyes.
"How do you know that rhyme?" He asked, gently laying down a longsword.
"I read it in a book I think," you mused, as you made yourself comfortable at the register.
"Do you remember what the book was called?" He asked, slowly moving towards you.
"The Shadowhunters Codex," you said, noting his gradual descent toward you.
"How did you come across that book? They aren't exactly on sale at your local bookstore," he stopped at the counter and eyed you cautiously.
"You sure ask a lot of questions don't you?" You tried to deflect his piercing gaze.
"Well knowledge can be helpful," he said.
"It can also be dangerous," your eyes flicked up to his.
"So can I," he grinned.
And for some odd reason;
You grinned back.