Chapter 35

<Kirito's PoV>

Here we are again... back on a hospital bed with my body aching everywhere. I just can't seem to avoid danger at any time. It was probably midnight from the darkness of the sky and the fact that no lamps were on. I started recalling the events in the dark territory and remembered the noise from the dark palace... where I grew up. They were brewing for war I knew they were. Gathering all beasts and armies maybe? I need to go there again and scout it out for myself but I know Asuna will not let me. But then I thought about how I managed to break his secret move... and cut of his hand. No one had ever managed to do that. But the thing is, my hands did that on its own. I didn't mean for that to happen.

Is he dead? Loss of blood... it can't be true can it? I would have been given the crown. Ugh... I tried moving my left hand but it felt dead and it wasn't moving one bit. I reached over with my right hand and switched on the lamp and placed it under the light only to see my hand all black. It looked cursed and dead. I'd have to ask Alice about this. I lay back in my bed and just stared at the ceiling. I need to get to the central city quicker... the integrity knight will take another year but an army will be ready by then.

The only other way is to commit a serious sin... I will have to reveal my identity publicly for that too happen. But what will happen to the others? Will they be hated by everyone else because of me? I'll have to just avoid doing it in front of them but that will be difficult. Ahhhh. To many thoughts. I need to sleep.

<Time Skip - Morning>

I was awake and a nurse was handing me my clothes which looked washed and well ironed. I wore them and I clutched my cursed hand. It hurt. I then put my gloves on to cover it up so no one would ask questions. I realised my swords weren't here... Wait did they get my swords back or are they still there? I was beginning to get worried and hurried back to my dorm and entered it and found Asuna sleeping with Yui. Strange... she never sleeps in. I then notice marks on her wrist and ankle, they look faded but it was odd. Did someone harm her?

While I was in thought... I hadn't noticed that Yui was awake and sitting up on the bed. She saw me and instantly jumped out and into my arms. "Daddy your fine! Oh my god I was worried" She said with little sobs. I couldn't say anything so I just patted her back. Asuna seemed to wake. She rubbed her eyes and then stared at me for a few seconds. She then also jumped out of the bed and tackled me into a hug. Luckily Yui had moved otherwise she would have been crushed as well. "Jeez Kirito... we've been so worried. We didn't know what happened to you" Asuna said and she began to sob as well.

"Wait... how long was I out for?" I asked.

"A week"

"A week!? What!? But it feels just like yesterday" I whisper the last part but Asuna catches it... "Yui told me what was happening... but I want to here it from you" She said and sat back down on the bed. Yui also lay her head on her lap. "I would rather not talk about that..." I said getting rather emotional, after all it's the first time me and my dad ever talked for that long and fought. "Kirito we are not going down this route again. You need to be open... well at least to me, I am your girlfriend so I will always help you and you would do the same" She says and I smile on the inside, she's right. I can always count on her.

"Your right... I need to reveal things soon" I say and Asuna smiles. "Yui I will call Alice and she will help you take a bath... mommy and daddy need to talk for a bit" Asuna said but I intervened, "No Asuna, Yui should know. She is very important to me and this story" I say and Asuna gives me an odd expression. I then thought of what Asuna had called us, mommy and daddy... almost like we are married - Ahhhh what am I thinking.

"So... are you going to tell me or what?" Asuna said as I came back from my thoughts. I then nod and take a chair and place it in front of Asuna and stare at her before gathering my breath. "Well firstly Yui is the daughter of a prophecy maker, and they were both slain because they would not reveal the contents to death Gun and my dad. So they hunted Yui down as she held the whole thing" I began and I see Asuna give me a shock look. "Alice did mention you asked about a prophecy... don't tell me it's about you?" She said and I nodded.

"Kirito... please don't tell me you die... please" She said and tears were forming in her eyes. I then grabbed her hand... I didn't know what to say but I just wanted to comfort her. "Don't worry mommy. I know daddy will come out on top. He's stronger than the baddie! I know it" She said and this filled us all with confidence. "What does it say?" Asuna asks as she wiped her tears. "I'll keep it short... only me and my dad can kill each other... and at the end one of us will live. Only one" I say and I felt some tense air in the silence.

"Oh Kirito... I know you will win! I will follow you to the depths of hell and the skies of heaven" Asuna says and kisses my cheek. I couldn't help but blush and smile at her comments. "It won't be that extreme..." I said scratching the back of my head but she just held my hand, "But just know I will be there always" She said.

<Asuna's PoV>

I was still thinking about Kirito's story about the prophecy, he's been hearing so many burdens this whole time but he always puts smiles on other peoples faces. I feel pity for him but this makes me love him more, his strong and pure heart for someone with a poor upbringing. But what surprised is the little detail he gave me about him fighting his dad. Did something happen? Because when I arrived and found Kirito I saw no sign of anyone else. But Yui had told me that he was fighting his dad.

I was sat in the dinner hall alone as Kirito and Yui went to sleep early. I suggested that as Kirito's hands looks worse than when I first saw it. But sadly Alice and Eugeo were too busy today to find out about his hand. I still didn't feel safe despite Suguo gone, Raios and Humbert were locked up but I'm sure they had friends who would target us again.

"Miss Yuuki Asuna" It was Azurica sensei.

"Yes ma'am!" I said and stood up from my table and she then ushered me to sit down. "Your parents have come to see you and are waiting at the front entrance for you..." She said and walked off. I stood there shocked... my parents!? Oh no