Chapter 4 - Test Time

" Now then class, shall we begin? " Koro-sensei began to move at mach speed 20 everywhere in the classroom, leaving afterimages wherever he is at.

" Begin what? " the class asked in confusion.

" Midterms period has arrived. "

" Yes, yes that's right. "

" And that's why this period...WILL BE SPENT IN HIGH SPEED ENHANCED STUDYING! " Koro-sensei then appeared in front of everyone, one-on-one.

" My doubles can work with you one-on-one to drill you on each of your worsts subjects. " Koro-sensei explained.

" Ridiculous. He even switches headbands for each subject. " Terasaka huffed.

Asuna's laughter was heard as she pointed at the double in front of Koro-sensei, " TERASAKA'S KORO-SENSEI DOUBLE IS WEARING A NARUTO HEADBAND!! "

" Hey! Why do I get a Naruto headband?! " Terasaka roared.

Suddenly, Koro-sensei's face was distorted.

" HEY! No sneak assassinations now, Karma! " he reprimanded as Karma stuck out his tongue while Asuna giggled, " Dodging will disrupt my persistence of vision! "

" These doubles are so fine and delicate but do you have any strength left after making them? " Nagisa asked.

" No worries. I have a double resting outside. "

" How is that helping?! "
*
Asuna's ears picked up on what sounds like the principal's voice. She saw Nagisa eavesdropping as well and nearly startled him when she suddenly appeared but quickly shushed him.

She peeked into the staff room to see the principal, Koro-sensei, Irina and Karasuma inside.

" Frankly, we need the E class to remain as it is. " Nagisa flinched at that sentence as Asuna narrowed her eyes.

" As it is? You mean, with rock bottoms grades and treatment, like now? " Koro-sensei asked.

" Yes. Are you familiar with the worker ant principle? In any group, twenty percent will be lazy, twenty percent will work hard and the remaining sixty percent will be average. My goal is a group with five percent slackers and ninety-five percent hard workers. 'I don't want to be like the E class. I don't want to be in the E class.' With ninety-five percent of students determined, my ideal ratio is attainable. " Asano Gakuho, the principal explained.

" I see. How logical. The five percent in the E class must be kept weak and pitiful. "

" I received a complaint from the D class teacher today. 'A student from the E class glared at one of my students and threatened to kill him. Another student from the E class had injured him.' I'm sure the glare is part of the assassination teachings however, injuring another is not. This is a problem, a student with rock bottom grades defying a regular one. Under my policies, that is not acceptable. Please tell him in no uncertain terms to control himself. " Gakuho said, " I'll be going now. "

He then stopped in his tracks before he threw a metal ring puzzle to Koro-sensei, " Koro-sensei, do solve this metal ring puzzle in one second. "

Koro-sensei freaked out at the sudden challenge causing Nagisa and Asuna to sweatdrop.

" There are problems that speed can't ever solve. Do remember that. " Gakuho turned around just as the door was slammed open by Asuna who had an unfriendly expression on her face.