Chapter 3: A Sleepover

MONDAY 6:37 PM

The car spun a couple of times before coming to a stop. Batman was catching up and behind him were the police. "Give me the wheel would you?" We switched spots and he sped out of there immediately, I quickly put my seatbelt on and expected the worst. Nothing bad happened, we even managed to get away from Batman and make it back to the harbor. "So do you have an answer to my riddle?"

I had forgotten all about his riddle, come to think of it I didn't even get that much time to think about it. My surroundings played a big part in distracting me. "No, I need a little more time to think about it. I'm sure I'll get it though."

"Well, we're back at my humble abode. Be a dear and bring those bags in for me." We both stepped out the car and I grabbed the bags to bring them in with me. The Riddler had already walked in but I was stopped at the door. A man with gorgeous blue eyes and brown hair stood in my way. He held an ice pack to his head and was dressed very lazily. I struggled to think of who he could be until hearing him speak.

"Oh don't tell me you ditched your appointment to go hang out with a walking activities book.", he whined. I didn't expect him to be so attractive underneath his mask, well his eyes were just mesmerizing.

"As a matter of fact I let her go, you refused to take me to the bank when I insisted so she paid your debt and did me a favor. I'd say she's free to go now, no experimenting on her.", the Riddler chimed in giving doctor Crane a few nudges with his cane. He looked over at me eyeing the bags in my hands before turning back at the Riddler.

"What's in the bags?", he asked running a hand through his mess of hair.

"Money.", the Riddler said joyfully. He grabbed the bags out of my hands and walked inside gesturing for me to follow along. I smiled at Scarecrow before stepping in, he in return rolled his eyes and closed the door.

"I don't care if you say she can no longer be a patient, I'll still inject the fear toxin into her blood. There's nothing you can do to stop me." Scarecrow calmly stated as he walked to the old beaten up couch in the center of the room.

"You seem to forget your place. If I recall this is my home, I inhabited it myself. And you can be kicked at any given time." The Riddler wasn't having any of Scarecrows nonsense, it was sort of strange for him to defend me but I'll take what I can get at this point. "Besides I've grown a liking to her, she did a perfect job on our trip to the bank. She didn't even try running off! I was stunned when she drove away from Batman!"

"I don't see why you need my test subject to run errands with you. Did you forget about your two helpers, Echo and Query?" Scarecrow relaxed his feet up on an old crate they were using as a coffee table only to have them forced off by the Riddler's cane.

"That crates full of explosives you imbecile! Don't agitate it with your feet, you'll blow us all to bits by being so careless!" Scarecrow rolled his eyes as he got up off the couch and started up the stairs. "Don't walk away! And for your education! Echo and Query aren't much help to me, all they ever want is for me to sleep with them!" He gripped his cane in his hands before turning around to glance at me.

"I apologize for my roommate's shameful incompetence and carelessness towards other human beings, he's just been under stress lately. I welcome you into my home with open arms, it would be grand if you could introduce yourself.", he smiled bowing before me as if we were in some sort of ball.

"Oh well yeah, I haven't even told you my name yet! Well, my name is L Thackeray, now don't question why I only go by one letter for my first name.", I said with a smile, I was more comfortable around the Riddler then I was with Scarecrow but well that's probably because he hasn't tried to kill me yet. He somehow managed to disassemble his cane back to the weird cylinder it was at the bank and slipped it into his pocket.