viii

(   TAEYONG   )

I gave a promise to Yuta before. It's to help Setoka whenever I can. Setoka matters the most to him, and he can’t really watch over her all the time.

I have been listening to ‘I just’ since Setoka sent me a message. I even heard Ate Rose humming to it this evening when she was cooking. I smiled to myself. Well, she always repeats Setoka’s verse. Maybe because I put her verse on loop.

Johnny came over to help me with the remix. I told him what feel I want it to have and also the beats I made for it. He said it’ll be done in a few.

Dancing again feels new to me but the moment I let the ambiance of the room take over me, I just felt my limbs move on their own. Everything felt just in place, and I thank Setoka for making me feel these things again. I lost them a long time ago.

“Sir, Setoka is here po. I let her in.”

“Tell her to wait, I’ll just change my clothes. Thanks, Ate Bernadeth.”

I took off my shirt, wet from my perspiration and wore something I’m more comfortable in. Nang lumabas ako, all I saw was Setoka playing with my dogs. Cute.

“Hey,” tawag ko at kumaway naman siya. “I did some steps that fit the beats you sent me! Look at this!” hyper niyang sabi at agad na pumuwesto sa mas malaking lugar na magagalawan niya nang maayos. Umupo naman ako para makita ko nang maayos ang gagawin niya. She was so giggly when she was getting ready, but when the beats started, she just changed. Drastically.

When she finished dancing, I immediately clapped

When she finished dancing, I immediately clapped. It was breathtaking, honestly. What could I possibly feel when we're already performing? Fuck!

“That’s nice. We can combine our steps when Johnny gives me the final remix. For now, can you help me pick a hair color for the performance?” tanong ko at agad naman siyang lumapit sa‘kin.

“Gee, I’ve been imagining your look for days! What about a green hair? And two different contacts? You’ll look sexy,” sabi niya at tumango naman ako. “Don’t worry too much if I look too sexy on stage, mhm?” biro ko at nakita kong namula ang mga pisngi niya.

Cute.