Exception (Saiki Kusuo)

Even though Kusuo was not one for any sort of physical contact, there was one person he would allow to do so. She was a complex girl with confusing feelings and emotions, all of which he knew of through is psi-powers. She didn't fully understand what she felt, but knew what could help her feel better. Allowing her to enjoy genuine human contact helped her in ways she couldn't explain. She didn't like any sort of physical contact, of course. It had to be from someone she trusted- and it turned out Kusuo was willing to help. It was a very kind gesture of him to grant her such a rare feat- so of course he needed some form of payment.
All he requested, however, was a cup of coffee jello every now and then. They cuddled often, so asking for a cup every single time would have run her out of money. Occasionally, all he would ask for is for her to make sure he could have some peace and quiet. By that, he meant make sure his other friends woudnt disturb him for a day (which wasn't as difficult as she thought it would be). It was a fair exchange- physical comfort in return for occasional uninterrupted coffee jello enjoyment.
Today was another one of those days. Well, except that she was feeling a bit worse than usual. He held her hand as she laid beside him, using her free hand to hug his arm. The tv was playing quietly, putting the girl at ease. The negativity she felt seemed to melt away now that she was with him. She always felt relaxed and safe with him.
It was like a romantic relationship of sorts. They rarely showed affection in public and never called each other "boyfriend" and "girlfriend"- simply reffering to each other as friends. They didn't kiss or go out for dinner or have some sort of anniversary- they really didn't do a lot of 'typical' romantic gestures. Despite that, they understood that they had a strong connection that wasn't the same as their other relationships.
The girl was somewhat comforted by this. The feeling of being loved and loving in return, but not feeling obligated to say so or show it off to others. It was a simple and pure thing that the two of them could enjoy.
She closed her eyes and smiled, holding his hand and hugging his arm happily. She let out a content sigh, simply enjoying his presence and the quiet noise of the tv, letting her anxieties disappear. The pink-haired esper glanced at her, his heart warming at the sight. Her thoughts were slow and calm now, mostly about how much better she felt now that she was with him.
He wasn't romantic, really, but he did care greatly for her and felt glad that he could bring comfort and ease to her. He doesn't ask for coffee jello very often now. He enjoys these warm moments now as much as she does, which was good 'payment' as is.
She let go of his hand and unwrapped her other from around his arm, now choosing to simply lay against his shoulder. There was a faint smile on his face. He gently laid his head against hers and reached out to hold her hand, which she lazily but happily took. They both closed their eyes and relaxed, feeling more than content in each other's prescence.
It was calm scene- the two of them simply being there with each other, enjoying the other's warmth, and taking comfort in it.

'I love you.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: I hope this is okay, I'm sorry it's so short. Let me know if there are any mistakes that need to be fixed! Thank you for reading this, I hope you enjoyed it! I'm not very confident in my writing, but I think I will get better about it!