09 | eye opening

kane | atalanta

kane | atalanta

Running away from that room hurts my heart but I don't care, I need to get away.

I've never been this vulnerable before. I've never sung infront of anyone apart from Mr Lykos and my mum. I could practically feel Atalanta's eyes on me. It was far too much.

Atalanta. My Lan. I just wanna see her.

I hear her footsteps and voice fade as I run farther and farther away.

I trip multiple times. I bump into walls. I hit my head on a cool metal thing and recognise it as a door, opening it and running outside.

The air is cool on my skin. My cheeks tingle and my lips feel chapped. I don't care. I need to get away.

Why is she affecting me like this?!

I feel like I'm going insane with all these unwanted feelings. I'm messed up and broken. Being in a relationship with me - it's like buying something that's broken. It's pointless.

I have always been one of the very few people to appreciate everything in this world.

Nobody really does. When you have all your senses, a good amount of money and happiness, you kind of take everything for granted and decide that nothing can go wrong.

It's not like that with me. I used to be like that too once, high on life and soaking in happiness. Until the Accident.

It was like I had opened my eyes for the first time, which was ironic since I had literally lost my eyesight. But somehow I felt the world as a different place.

I coveted every little thing in life. I treated any ladies that talked to me rightfully and was always, in my opinion, a gentleman. I detested boys who played ladies and ruined their lives by using their bodies.

That's why I didn't really want to get into any friendships because I know that if I ever make any friends, they'll have to help me out quite a lot, which would most likely ruin their day. Plus I get suspicious that they just want to be friends with me for some unknown motives.

I sigh, leaning forward, grabbing around for the spoon. I'm eating vegetable soup that Mum made for me and I couldn't be more grateful.

Mum's always here. The only time I don't see her is when I'm at school, at that time she works at a little clinic down the road which surprisingly runs pretty well. Her pay is enough to support the both of us and I hate the fact that I can't get a job like other teenagers to help with the money.

"Are you finished, honey?" I hear her ask and I shake my head, quickly finishing up as neatly as I can.

She sighs and takes the bowl and spoon from my hand, taking it somewhere. She returns not too long after and sits beside me on the soft sofa.

She rubs my back and I close my eyes.

I'm exhausted