11 | here for you

kane | atalanta

kane | atalanta

I tuck my hair behind my ear nervously, biting my lip as I glance at Kane. We're at a private music room at a music academy, where Mr Lykos works privately as well.

I sigh, watching him fiddle with his fingers, and get straight to the point.

"Kane, I'm going to be honest with you. We have this- ugh, I don't know, this weird chemistry and there's no song that the both of us could sing better than I Know What You Did Last Summer,"

My cheeks are so warm right now. I quickly cover them by cupping my face. I notice Kane's equally crimson face, and let out a nervous giggle.

I quickly get serious once again. Talent show.

"Kane, I-let me be serious with you. You're a great-no, you're an amazing musician, and according to Mr Lykos, an amazing singer. If we could put both your skills and voice with my voice, then we could be unbeatable. You need to like, you need to put yourself out there. Show those punks who's boss."

Kane looks genuinely surprised, his eyebrows lift and he inhales sharply.

Shaking his head, he says, "But I can't, Lan. You don't get it. It's more than the so-called punks. You don't know much about me. You see, I'm- I'm blind. I'm not a partner that you'd want."

Wait. What?!!

Ryan wasn't lying?? He's actually blind? Well...that explains a lot. That explains way too much.

"See, I told you," he murmurs quietly, turning his head to the side, "I'm not the type of guy you'd want. For anything. Now you can just leave, it's alright. I won't judge you."

I shake my head quickly, before realising he can't see me. I let out a sigh, reaching forward and clasping his hand firmly.

He lets out a soft gasp when I lift his hand up to my mouth and give it a small kiss.

"Kane, it's going to be difficult, but that's alright. We can do this. We'll be alright. I'll help you start singing, okay?"

Kane breathes in shakily, "so you're not leaving?"

I laugh quietly.

"Never."

"When she looks me in the eyes, they don't seem as bright, no more, no more, but I know, that she loved me at one time, would I promise her that night, cross my heart and hope to die."

I smile widely, hearing his beautiful and passionate voice. I think I resemble the Joker right about now.

He looks beautiful right now. Like an angel. People say boys can't be beautiful but this boy, he's just that-beautiful.

He even took off his tinted glasses. He has brown eyes that are light and in certain angles they look slightly green. They're so mesmerising and gorgeous, like a kaleidoscope.

His dark brown hair is messy and tousled, so soft and making me want to run my hands through it. His skin a smooth olive colour, making his red lips pop.

Suddenly the music and singing stops.

He tilts his head to the side and smirks, "I can feel you staring at me."

I let out a small giggle. "So what? You're stare-worthy."

He lets out a high pitched giggle, before frantically whispering loudly in a girly voice, "oh my gosh! She called me stare-worthy. Eek!"

I laugh so hard. I think tears are coming out of my eyes. I'm still laughing about 5 minutes later.

"What is wrong with you?" He asks with a slight laugh.

"You."

"Ouch. I know you meant that I'm right with you, don't worry." He says rather cockily.

I just huff and ignore my warm cheeks. Damn it.

"Now, let's start actually practicing. We have to make Mr Lykos proud."

"Of course, but...can I ask you something?" He says in a suddenly quiet voice.

"Sure, what is it?" I reply, equally as quiet.

"What do you look like?" We're whispering now.

"Average. Now let's get back to practising."

typed this chapter out as soon as i realised we're at 1k reads

typed this chapter out as soon as i realised we're at 1k reads. wow! thank u guys so, so much. it means way too much to me. point out any mistakes pleeease!