Chapter 4: The Hideout

I walk down the stairs of the throne, and sigh. Nothing here is of interest, so I get out of the giant castle. The citadel takes a while for me to get out, but I encounter no monster. But when I get down the elevator, I decide to ge back down the hole in the ground. The body lies there still, but I notice another one. A naked one. My cheeks reddening, I look away as quickly as possible. Was this person a Deathless? 

A fine blade lies in between the two corpses. It seems as if the blade was split in two, then merged back with it right before the cord from the handle. I recognize the weapon. The Vile Blade.

One of the most powerful weapons, rivalling the Infinity ones. As I get closer to get a better look at the fine blade, I realise too late that darkness swirls around it, and swings me backward, shocing me into the wall brutally. I gasp, winded, and cough. The coppery taste of blood invades my mouth.

I wince as I stand up, and try to approach the sword again. This time, it doesn't send darkness out. Sighing with relief, I stare at the exellent craftsmanship. The blade is razor sharp, infused with a powerful essence of darkness to give it more power...

I walk back up, but not before opening the golden chest next to the dais behind the elevator. Inside, I find another weapon, a giant mace with nails in it. I walk get around the pit, and get out of the castle without fighting anything else.

I walk around, looking for a town. Nothing. But a daeril surprises me, and stabs me through the back. Gasping, I choke on my own blood, my eyes wide, my mouth open, gurgling. I slump to he ground, and my eyes glaze over completely. I never got to kill one...

And everything goes black.

I wake up inside a metal rebirth chamber, with many different bodies exactly like mine all around the place, in tubes of green goo. What is this? Am I a Deathless? How can I be alive? Who am I? My mind whirling, I put on some clothes laid out next to me, and get on my feet.

They shake a little, and I feel a bit wobbly on them. Still, I advance, not falling, and open the massive doors. This is the place from my dream! Is this another dream I'm having right now? Gasping at the magnificent view of the sea, I walk over to the map. At the blacksmith's tent, I look in the furnace, looking for something to warm me up. Instead, I find a body. I scream.

Stumbling back, I watch as the blackened corpse unfurls itself unnaturally, sliding out of the furnace. And behind it, weapons. And armour. I try to get closer to inspect them, and I tentatively nudge the corpse out of the way. 

Looking at the weapons, I realise they're all fine quality, each very powerful. As I look in, I see something gold-ish under some coal. I take it out, and find the Infinity Blade. The original. The true Infinity Weapon. I gape, and notice my action dislodged some more coal, revealing the Helmet of Kings. Behind it, I see the rest of the armour. 

A girl walks towards this place, and I quickly hide the corpse behind the furnace, and shove the weapons under the body. Then, I hide as well. "Whiskers?" I frown. Isn't Whiskers what she calls Siris? The guy who was Ausar the Vile, then defeated Raidriar and the Worker after having lost his memories? How could the girl know Siris? Unless she was a Deathless.

She walks up to the furnace, and I lose track of her. Breathing silently, I stay hidden. The girl takes out a knife and puts it around my throat from behind. My eyes widen, but I try to keep calm. 

"You're not Siris. Who are you?" she inquired.

I gulp down my fear and say, "My name is Castrair. Believe it or not, I don't know how I got here. One moment a daeril kills me, and the next, I'm here." The girl doesn't move the knife. "So you're a Deathless?"

"I'm still trying to figure that out myself." I say, a bit stunned at everything going on. The girl nods. "I'm Isa. Also Deathless." She holds out a hand, and I shake it. "Do you know where Siris is? He disappeared a while back, I think it was seventeen years ago."

"I don't. I didn't even know Siris was still alive!" I reply, still a bit anxious. Isa nods, as if she understands. Then she turns sharply, and walks away. I raise my eyebrow at this show of trust. I know she used to be an assassin, so it was unnusual for someone like her to do that. Siris must have change her in a positive way. Knowing that, I realise I really want to meet him. 

The man who defeated Raidriar. The man who killed the Worker of Secrets. I grin.

Note: The episodes will get shorter starting from now, because I can't find much inspiration anymore. You can give me ideas in the comments, and maybe it could lead to a new character creation! 'Your own'