Chapter 7: Discoveries (2/2)

I whirl, blades already out, but the Worker pushes me, sending me sprawling. "I'm not here to fight you. As a hologram, I have only a fraction of my full strength, and there is no doubt that you can defeat me. I am here to tell you something. Something that will change your perception of the world forever."

"What's that?" asked Isa as she strides across the giant room, approaching the Worker without fear. Swiftly, she draws her weapon, a katana-like sword, light, but strong. 

The Worker stands still as a statue; he'd stiffened up as he'd noticed her. "So? What do you want to tell us?" she inquires, pressing the hologram of the man previously known as Galath. 

"When Siris defeated the original me, I had imprinted my personality in a deadmind. So I now stay here, a shadow of my former self. And since I'm unable to re-conquer the world, I now trade information, kind of like Saydhi."

"So what do you want to trade? And for what?" she asks, spiteful. 

"This doesn't concern you, the info I have is for him," the Worker points at me, and inwardly chuckle. I think I know all I need to know already. But still, I tell him, "What? What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to find and kill him." And he points to me again. Why would I- 

I gasp. And look down. At a blade that has impaled me. And it's not the Worker. "I'm sorry. It's the only way...". And as I close my eyes, I feel my consciousness slipping, falling into the abyss of death, only to be replaced by another one, and another, both fighting to stay in control of my- our body, and I fight my way up as well, but I'm too late, and one of the two falls, and takes me with him, and we crash to the bottom of my soul.

In a big, cylindrical tube filled with green goo, someone woke up. He grinned, and got out, unable to hide his excitement. As the person got into the basic sweater that was laid out in front of him, he asked himself how he'd re-conquer the world.

He'd definitely start by killing Isa. His unnerving grin widened, and Ausar the Vile stepped out into the Hideout. Isa's plan had failed, and he'd taken control instead of that idiot Siris, or that moron Castrair. Both were nuisances, who would never take control again.