Chapter 15

Please read the A/N at the end of this chapter. Thanks.

Heyy. Back again with another upload! Okay, I'm super late but Troye Sivan is my husband.

Song: Fools by Troye Sivan
••••

"Oh yeah, I totally don't get The Hunger Games books. They don't tickle me like the Game of Thrones." The little boy stated buying the series he just spoke down about.

"Then why are you purchasing it?" I queried placing the books in one of our custom shopping bags. He lifted his slightly droopy eyes at me while handing me the money.

"Simple, I am going to do some serious research into this series to debunk a theory my friend has cooked up." He smiled softly at me.

"And shall I ask what this theory is?" I raised my brow looking at the little rascal.

"Nope, sorry. Sacred words. Can't be shared with anyone. You do understand?" I nodded. My sister and I were just like that when we were little.

"Bye then." He waved and skipped out of the bookstore. I gently laid my chin in my hand and sunk into the office chair provided. For an entire minute I had a memory of being back at my old job--unfortunately it wasn't the best of memories. It was the day Vera and I had almost gotten into a physical fight.

I had just arrived and was scuttling around trying to get Sebastian's coffee ready before he showed up. We both were in the canteen and I was grabbing a cup when Vera intentionally spilt her blazing hot coffee all over my white Cashmere sweater. That was the only thing fancy that I'd allowed myself in all my days of being alive. It was also the most expensive item of clothing I'd owned. I could remember clearly the look of ecstasy in her eyes as I scremed; not because of the burning sensation, but because she basically ruined my sweater.

She snickered which turned into a laugh and my hand caught her cheek. My nails had been done so she had my handprint and scratches inbedded into her cheek for the rest of the day. Before she had the opportunity to hit me back, Sebastian came in and hauled her ass to where ever. My phone then rang interrupting my recall. It was a frantic Tuck who seemed out of breath, plus it wasn't his phone number.

"Baby!" He shouted.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" I stood then, desperately waiting for an answer.

"I'm in the police station right now. That bitch called CPS (child protective sevices) on me." All the blood ran from my face.

"W-what? Are you serious?" I began to hurriedly pack up my stuff and threw them into my handbag.

"Yes! Look, please just come get me. I love you." The line went dead an I went looking for his sister aka the manager.

"Hey Brianna, Um something came up and I have to leave... Immediately." I swallowed.

"Yeah sure no problem. Call me if you need anything okay?" I nodded and bolted out the door. This was next level. I have never seen Tuck even try to hurt his daughter. He loved her to the moon and back, why on earth would he hurt her?
••••

"Hey. You alright?" I asked Tuck as I approached him. He was in questioning.

"Is this you're wife, Sir?" One of the cops questioned him. He was burly and had tattoos all over his arms. He was paler than a ghost and had an awful looking receding hairline.

"No. My fiancée. My ex wife is the one who falsely accused me of hurting our daughter." The cop that spoke rose his brow.

"Hmm. Well we have to question her too, after we're done with you." The second officer then spoke. He was really young with a full head of curly auburn hair.