- Chapter 15 -

"What the hell was that back there?" Jack asked after he threw [name] on her couch.

"What are you talking about?! You're the one that needs to explain to me!" [name] yelled back

"That asshole back there was Jeff the Killer; a stupid sadistic fuck who likes nothing other than killing, drinking, dick, and pussy. Now, why the fuck did you want me to put you down while I was talking to someone that was literally dragging a corpse around like a fucking doll?!" Jack asked

[name] stayed silent because she didn't know what to say. But doing that just made Jack aggravated. He harshly took hold of her shoulders and took off his mask. He glared at her while she just looked confused.

"Tell me now [name]! You have been pissing me off all day! First that wet rag you met tried hitting on you and you let him! Then you were being all friendly with Jason when all he was doing was his job! And now you're acting all brave in front of a psychopath! What. Is. Your. Problem!" Jack said, demanding an answer.

Tears started welling up in [name]'s eyes. She felt so conflicted. So pressured. So downright confused, that she couldn't hold it in anymore. All day she had been trying to stay strong. So far, she had gone through almost ratting herself out, witnessing a murder scene downtown, being "punished" by Jack, thinking her house had been broken into, visited a stranger who is making a mask for her secret murderer life, and stood mere feet away from a crazy serial killer, aside from Jack. And all of that in less than 24 hours.

"You know what Jack?! You're my problem! You told me that I was a sick-minded killer, and you pushed that all onto me! I have become a sleep deprived, demented, and confused murderer who is literally being forced into that lifestyle. I'm tired, Jack. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. Sometimes I feel like ripping my hair out and dying for God's sake!.... I just want this internal war to end already. I want to feel at peace— But you just keep pressuring me into giving you a reason for my "odd behavior" when I don't even know the answer!" [name] yelled.

She felt like a weight had lifted from her shoulders, but Jack felt the other way around. He stared at her in shock. Had he really been the cause of her random wood swings? Up until now, he assumed it was just her being difficult. None the less, his expression turned into a glare.

"Well guess what princess?! That's what the life of a killer is like! The more emotional you are, the more miserable you'll be! So suck it up!" Jack said

"Oh look who's talking! You see me with one guy and immediately you throw yourself into a jealous fit!" [name] said.

"Ya, I was jealous! So what?!" Jack said, his glare intensifying.

"But what were you jealous of?! God, you're like a fucking child!" [name] yelled.

*BONK* *BONK*

"Hey! Shut up next door!" A neighbor yelled as he banged on the wall.

Jack and [name] froze as they stared at each other. Then they both noticed that he still had his hands on her shoulders and her hand were on his chest. Jack scoffed and let go of the girl to cross his arms.

"See you're just like a little kid! Why can't you just tell me what's wrong?!" [name] whisper yelled.

"I already told you! I get jealous. I'm jealous of how normal you act in front of other. I'm jealous of how easily you can enjoy yourself. I'm jealous of how you can find joy in other things other than murder... I'm jealous because I'm stuck in this stupid body that makes me a psychotic, bloodthirsty murderer who doesn't have anything ahead of him other than a life in the shadows!" Jack yelled.

[name] stared in shock. Never had Jack been so open to her. She felt guilty that all this time she saw him as what he just described himself as. Her throat started aching and her eyes began to burn.

"Jack...I'm sorry you've been feeling this way..." [name] said, her voice cracking at times.

"Don't be. Don't pity me." Jack said as he turned away.

"Stop acting so distant from me! You expect me to tell you how I feel and I just told you why I don't know- and that was an honest answer, Jack. I really don't know. Even so, why do you even care how I feel or my motives if you're just gonna push me away!" [name] cried but as quietly as possible.

"Because I don't want you to think I'm weak! I am supposed to keep you safe from people like Jeff, yet it pisses me off how you're still afraid! Even when you're literally in my arms! I want you all to myself. But how can I make you accept that and be as happy as you were with that stupid boyfriend of yours!" Jack yelled.

"Cory is not my boyfriend! What made you think that?! And please keep your voice down!" [name] whispered yelled.

"Well, then why were you so happy when you were with him?! And fuck your neighbors, let them come up here and interrupt us, see where that'll take them!" Jack said

"I was happy because he came at a time when I was vulnerable you dope!" [name] said.

"Well, then what the hell am I?! An ornament?! When you're upset, you come to me! When you're scared, you come to me! When you're happy I want it to be because of me!" Jack said.

"You sound like a jealous boyfriend!" [name] yelled back

She was starting to get more and more frustrated at the argument they were having.

"Well guess what sweetheart. I am now! If that's what it takes to keep you put and happy then you're now my girlfriend!" Jack yelled angrily.

"Who said that'd make me happy?!" [name] yelled back confused, a tint of red forming on her face.

"I just did! You just did! And now it's done!" Jack said as he gave [name] an angry expression.

"No, I didn't!" [name] said as she got up.

"Well too late stupid!" Jack said as he picked [name] up, swung her onto his shoulders, and walked towards her room.

She kicked and punched his front and back, yelling at him to put her down. When they got to her room, Jack threw her into her bed and then threw a blanket over her.

"Go to sleep, I'm taking you out tomorrow at three," Jack said as he started walking out.

"What!-"

Jack shut the door before she could say anything else. Before he got out of the apartment he quickly put on his shapeshifting necklace. Once he was out, he had his human form activated. His skin was light and creamy, except for his face, which was a bright red.