A thank you

Dandy decorations, classy cars, rich white ribbons, pink petals, red roses, gorgeous gowns, stunning saris and an auspicious atmosphere.

Dressed in a beautiful white gown, her appearance in the mirror was alluring.

Today is a big day for her. Lot of things may change; for the better or for worse.

Her face flushed and fresh has minimal makeup. Her eyes display varying emotions: excitement then, freight. Maybe joy and a bit of nervousness; or is it confidence and or panic? Specks of courage and shades of worry.

"It's time", they whisper and slowly help her to her feet.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Her palms start sweating around the bouquet she holds.

Kind hands lead her out of the room amongst the mess and tangle of heavy saris and lehangas.

Taking a deep breath, "O, Father", she prayed in her heart, "I need your help. Thank you for the wonderful life you gave me with amazing parents, loving siblings and awesome friends. Thank you, Father. I am so grateful for the man you created to be my husband. God, help me be a good wife like the one in Proverbs 31. I pray that our marriage may glorify your name".

She held back her tears. Looking up, she bit her lips in her effort to not let her tears flow.

"Thank you, Father", she whispered. Her mother and friends who stood near smiled, agreeing wholly. Her father secured her hand in his. She squeezes his hand in affection and smile at him. He pats her hand lovingly, his eyes twinkling.

Red carpets and long aisles. Music and whispers. Silence.

Smiling proudly, he gently leads her through the aisle towards the podium where the groom stands.

All her fears vanished. Gone. Hope, love and peace replace it. She is calm. She looked in to his soft, loving eyes.