Chapter 7: Fury

"Don't run away from heavy emotions; honor the anger, give pain the space it needs to breathe – this is how we let go."

---

"Flynn, you skipped class? Again?" Kyan halted next to Flynn who was lying down on one of the benches in the football field.

"It was a boring class." Flynn shrugged.

"It was an important class. You said that Mr. Davin told you your grades were dropping. You should try harder if you wanna go to college, man," Kyan lectured.

Kyan knew that Flynn was smart and that he could get top marks in every subject if he wanted to. The only problem was that Flynn had too many distractions and he had no motivation when it came to studies.

"I don't know if I'm even going to college. Maybe I'll travel around the world. That would be fun. I'd get to meet lots of girls of all kinds." Flynn got up and started walking towards the school with Kyan in tow.

"How're things with your parents?" Kyan asked, hoping it wouldn't be sensitive subject after the secret that Flynn had discovered which his parents had been keeping from him. The truth was that Kyan was worried about him. Flynn was the reckless type, but the last few days he'd become even more reckless than he usually was.

Flynn gritted his teeth but didn't answer. Just the thought of his parents got him riled up. It wasn't without reason, though. Flynn felt betrayed after he found out what his parents had been hiding.

Flynn stalked through the corridor, avoiding people like the plague. He wanted to get away from everyone since his mood was foul. He didn't want to snap at anyone. Girls tried to get his attention but he ignored them all as he hastened his steps. Suddenly, he slumped against a wall as someone rammed into his shoulder.

Flynn's eyes narrowed as he turned to see two jocks smirking at him. He figured the idiots were trying to get back at him as their girlfriends were swooning over Flynn. This was a normal but amusing occurrence in the life of Flynn Carson.

"Move out of the way, Tim," Flynn hissed.

"Make me if you can, asshole," Tim said, pushing Flynn against the wall yet again.

A small crowd had formed around them in the hallway as people moved closer to see what the ruckus was about.

Flynn didn't know who threw the first punch, but suddenly, fists were flying across them. Flynn threw his fist into Tim's face while the other's punch sunk into Flynn's stomach. Blood pooled in Tim's mouth as Flynn bent over, trying to get back the air that had been knocked out of him. They stumbled apart for a brief second to catch their breaths before diving back at each other, eyes narrowed in anger and determination.

Flynn dodged the jock's fist and came back with his own, managing to land another hit on the guy. Grabbing the second jock who had been coming at him, he threw a firm kick to his stomach, leaving him to keel over.

Kyan rushed to hold Flynn back but Flynn evaded easily.

He stepped back, looking at the jocks lying on the floor, holding their stomachs and whimpering.

"Is that all you got, jackasses?" he taunted, smirking down at them.

Tim growled and pushed himself up. Lunging at Flynn, he managed to take him down. He threw his body weight behind the fist that rushed toward Flynn's face, knocking against his jaw with such force that Flynn saw stars. Pain erupted from the point of impact. Spitting out the blood in his mouth, Flynn repaid Tim by punching his eye, Flynn's fist colliding with its target with a sickening crack. Without wasting a second, Flynn continued battering his fists against Tim's face until he was knocked unconscious. Flynn's chest rose and sank with each deep breath he drew in to calm himself from the fury he felt a few minutes ago.