Ch 8 How'd You Do That!

*Thud*

"Opps."

I stop messing around with Tony as I turn around to pick up my laptop, Tony gets in another hit. I playfully glare at him, but then Tony and I see that everyone else in the room is stunned into silence.

"What?" We ask. I place my computer back in my lap. It wasn't that big of a fall, so it wasn't damaged.

"...Never seen two kids play before?" I asked tilting my head.

"Hey!"

"Hay is for horses, straw is cheaper, grass is free. Buy a farm and get all three." I sang smiling, which just earned me a hearty smack from o'l meanie Tony.

-pout- "That hurt" I rubbed the back of my head, then smiled.

"Oh! Hope you guys left room for dessert!" I got up from the couch, setting my computer onto the coffee table.

Honestly, this is the most fun I've had since, ...well since I got to New York. More even. Normally I just sat around, watched movies, played video games, went to work, read, or went to the park. Very boring. I'm so glad I got kidnaped. ....never thought I'd be thankful for that.

Oh well, I shrugged off my thoughts as I headed back to the kitchen.

Bruce POV

"She's got more?!" Tony says, clearly exasperated. "How much can she stuff in that little fridge!?"

"You mean it's like your ego, DiNozzo?" Clint laughs.

I shake my head at their banter, what I really wanted to know —

I heard a hiss come from Clint. Natasha had just elbowed him, hard. Probably wanting to know what we just saw, too.

"Do you believe me now, Clint?"

"Oh, come on Nat, Steve just missed his ca-"

"It went through my hands Clint. Through my hands!"

I wondered if (Y/N) had done something to her computer so only she could access it. Even Tony couldn't hack into it and that takes skill.

Tony points to Steve, "A lot of things slip through your thawing fingers, Capsicale." Then he looks to Natasha.

"And what do you mean, 'Believe me now'?"

"She's basically saying (Y/N) has ghost tech." Clint interrupts stuffing food in his face.

Tony started to laugh, but stopped when I said, "It when through his hands, not his fingers. He couldn't touch it Tony."

"What went through who's hands?" (Y/N) asked carrying in a circular metal cake pan while holding a large knife. She must've saw Natasha's defensive shift.

"It's for the gram cracker crust." She chuckled as she set the pan and knife on the coffee table. "Chocolate, vanilla ice cream cake, with a homemade caramel sauce separating the ice cream and crust, topped with homemade raspberry sauce. Just let me know if you want to try or if I should put it back for a while." She takes off the side of the pan and cuts herself a small piece.

I see why she needed the knife, the crust was very solid. To the point she didn't need a plate to hold her cake. The plate was just a place for her to set it down.

"Anyone else want some?" She cut 5 more small slices, causing Clint to complain about how small it was. She just chuckled and said, "Start small. If you like it you can have more."

The cake tasted really good. The tartness of the raspberry sauce complimented the sweetness of the ice cream underneath it. The crust added an extra crunch and flavor that held the cake together, like glue. After a few compliments and a few more slices she put the cake away, much to the dismay of the pouting Clint.