Ch 12 A Storm's a Brew'n

Ororo Munroe's POV

We went to the café to find the girl that the professor found. She was somehow related to the storm I sensed a few weeks back. We wanted to know if she was a threat. Especially since she flickered in Cerebo, which was a first.

That's what worries us. She's not a mutant, Cerebo confirmed that. We had spent weeks narrowing down the location of the storm and who was there at the time. After some research we found there was only one woman near the heart of the storm and her name is (Y/N) (L/N).

We wondered if she had some how caused the storm, if she had powers too. If so we could help her. So the professor and I, went into Cerebo yesterday to find her and see if she was a mutant. It was surprising to see she wasn't.

So she hadn't caused the storm. Just when we were thinking we'd need to find the storms source, her laptop went through one of the guys hands!

We were surprised and decided to keep watching. She picked up the laptop as if nothing was wrong, setting it on her lap. Then after a little while she placed the laptop on the other guy sitting next to her, only for it to fall through his legs.

Apparently none of them have that type of power since all of them were pretty shocked. Especially since (Y/N) picked up the laptop with ease, then jammed it back through the guys legs. His face was pretty funny, even the professor chuckled. She had a cute expression when she place the laptop back on her lap tilting her head in confusion.

Eventually another guy sat in front of her. They started testing the computer. It made sense . They were just as curious as we were, but THAT's when it happened. She flickered! She pushed a button on the laptop and she flickered!

I was shocked! But the people around (Y/N) were only reacting to the guys hand going through the computer. Then she flickered again! Then she clicked something on the screen. This time, that guys hand hit the computer.

'Did she do something?' I wondered as I continued watching. Nothing else was happened as they ended up chatting with each other. That's when the professor stopped using Cerebo. When we left, Jean was outside waiting for us.

"Professor, I cant find any trace of her before the storm." She said confused.

Only adding more to her mystery. After some more discussion, we decided the professor and I would go to her workplace tomorrow.

It was pretty busy when we entered the café. (Y/N) is at the register looking at little stressed out, poor girl. The professor had gone to grab us a table, while I wait in line. It would be a good opportunity to observe her a little.

She's been handling the customers pretty well, trying her best to smile a little. Even though she try's to get through everyone's orders well. Even when it was my turn she smiles at me. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Even when stressed she seems to hold her own. I order our drinks and give my thanks. Though I don't think she noticed, she's that tired, poor girl. Hopefully it'll get better for her.

Once I get our drinks I head back to the professor. "Poor girl" I tell him, "she's pretty stressed right now, but other than that she seems pretty normal. What do you think professor?"

He thinks a while, then smiles. "There's more to her than meets the eye."

———————

1/27/19

So like, yeah thanks for waiting. Works been picking up and I've been slowly writing you chapters. I will say ch 13 is almost done but still in the works. Special thanks to my friend for solidifying this chapter!! She helped me out a bit on the x men personas!! So funny story short ch12 replaces ch 13 or at least cut in line! I'm not gonna add the x men tab he since so far they're only mentioned and are not part of the full story. It honestly depends on where (y/n) takes this.

Thanks for reading please vote and comment!