+chapter three+

NOW PRESENTING + 6:13 PM, JUNE 02

"Always walking by yourself," the older bully says, shaking his head while his friend holds Yoongi in place. "I thought you'd have learned by now."

Yoongi's grin transforms into a grimace when a foot connects painfully with his stomach. Doubling over and coughing, he can feel his hands beginning to shake. "Always beating me up right where everyone can see," he bites back bitterly. "I thought you'd have learned by now."

His reward for the sarcasm is another swift kick. "Shut up, kid," the younger bully orders. "We haven't been told on."

With a huff, Yoongi rips himself from his grasp. "Yet. You keep forgetting that I'm a year older than you, Jung Hoseok, and what would your parents think if they found out you've been roughing up your schoolmates, huh? Gonna be some big-time consequences. Your dad's kinda mean to you, isn't he?"

Hoseok punches him right in the nose, sending his victim to the ground. "Don't you dare say anything about my dad. I don't know what you think you know, but you're wrong," he growls, grabbing Yoongi by his neck and squeezing. "I could beat the shit out of you right now and just leave you here and no one would come looking for you 'cuz you're a nobody. You get that, right?"

"I would come looking for him!" a voice shrieks, and Yoongi is horrified when he looks over his shoulder to see none other than Jeon Jungkook running towards them.

"Kookie, don't," Yoongi exclaims, but Hoseok has let go of him and the bullies are already stalking toward the kid.

Hoseok sighs, staring down at Jungkook. "Listen, we'll give you ten seconds to run since you're just a kid."

"What's your name, punk?" Jungkook spits out. The nine-year-old looks ready to kill someone, and it has Yoongi stifling a chuckle. He pulls himself up off the hard ground, wincing at the pain spreading through his body. He's bleeding from a cut on his forehead.

Unlike Yoongi, the two troublemakers can't hold in their laughter. "Oh my God!" Kim Seokjin croaks out, still laughing. "Oh God, this is hilarious! Hey Yoongi, come collect your pint-sized kindergartener."

"I'm in fourth grade!" Jungkook protests. This sends Seokjin and Hoseok into another frenzy of laughing. Jungkook is short for his age, and a lot of people mistake him for being younger than he is, but he likes to go around bragging that he'll be taller than Yoongi one day. Yeah, right. Yoongi hobbles over and slaps his hand over the kid's mouth before he can say anything else that could possibly get his front teeth knocked out of his mouth.

"Jeon Jungkook," Yoongi warns, glaring down at him. "We're going home right now."

He yanks his hand away with a squeak when Jungkook licks it. "But hyung, you didn't beat those bad guys. I thought you put bullies like them in the principal's office," he says, his confusion clear on his face. Yoongi sighs, dragging the kid away from the still-laughing duo. "You're just gonna let them get away with being bullies? And look, they beat you up! I thought you were s'posed to be a superhero or something like that. Why aren't you being super now?"

"'Cuz one of those knuckleheads is the son of Principal Kim," Yoongi snaps. "Now shut up and walk."

NOW PRESENTING + 8:39 PM, JUNE 02, cont.

"Kookie!" Taehyung whines, stomping his foot childishly. The younger boy only looks at him with a grin. While Taehyung and Namjoon are sitting on the floor, Jungkook and Yoongi are sitting high-and-mighty on the comfortable, really expensive bed. "This isn't fair! I've been your bestest friend longer than you've been friends with Yoongi-hyung! I was the one who intro...ducted you to him, you traitor."

"Introduced, not introducted," Namjoon corrects, earning a slap on the shoulder from Taehyung.

Jungkook wraps his arms around Yoongi's waist with a smug expression, and Taehyung's pout deepens while Namjoon just laughs at his dilemma. "Hyung gave me some chocolate earlier, so I'm gonna treat him like a prince!" He keeps rambling, not noticing Yoongi's beet-red face. "And Tae, you called me cute earlier, so you get to be on the floor with Mr. God of Destruction over here."

Namjoon groans. "I broke that plate three months ago and I haven't broken anything else since then," he says, crossing his arms defensively over his chest while he leans back against the wall. "There's absolutely no reason for you all to call me the God of Destruction. Respect your elders."

"You also broke a window!" Taehyung adds with a satisfied smile.

"That was a year ago, and on that same exact day, you broke a doorknob," the older argues, wrapping his arm around Taehyung's neck in a loose chokehold. Yoongi sighs as he watches the two idiots roughhouse on the floor, rolling around and yelling and shrieking. It's going to give him a headache. The bedroom door opens and in pops the head of Mrs. Jeon with an exasperated expression on her face.

"I came in here thirty minutes ago to tell you boys to keep it down, did I not?" she asks, raising an eyebrow as she looks around the messy room. "Don't make me come up here again."

With an exaggerated salute, Yoongi pipes up from the bed, "I'll enforce the law, ma'am."

"Thank you, Yoongi," Jungkook's mother says with a laugh, closing the door once again. In the short time that Jungkook had known Yoongi, he'd used every opportunity and every excuse possible to get the older to come over to his house. One day he was lonely, and another, he'd bought some new stuffed animals and wanted to show them off. So Yoongi had been to the Jeon house more times than he could count. Considering the fact that his father wasn't around and his mother didn't view him as anything more than a pest, Yoongi had found Mrs. Jeon to be the best adult he had ever met.

He looks down when he feels a poke on his side. "Hey Yoongi-hyung, when are you gonna beat those bullies? They got you pretty bad."

"Those bullies are stronger than me, Jungkookie," the older says with a dramatic sigh. "I have to build up my strength before I can make them pay. Superheroes can't be stronger than everyone, you know. There's always a villain that can outsmart them and hurt them. But in the end, the hero always wins. Which is why I'll win, in the end, and the end isn't now. There has to be suspense in the story."

Jungkook frowns at his words. "You can't let them hurt you, hyung! Get stronger fast, okay? I'll even help you if you want, 'cuz I'm kinda strong. Like a sidekick! Don't let them get away with this. Your skin is too pretty to be all bruised up."

Once again, Yoongi is red in the face because of a stupid nine-year-old named Jeon Jungkook.

paradise by tst
manitto by villain
goodbye by 2ne1
blind by plt
i need somebody by day6
love me by w24
fiancé by mino
1004 by b.a.p