Siren Song

Maria was swimming around, watching the coast around the Harlem bay for lone sailors when lo and behold, a small ship started to roll in. A young sailor stood at the front. His dark hair blew in the wind and he looked onward towards the shore, paying no mind to much else. The perfect target.

  She began to swim closer, singing her enchanting melody and trying to get the attention of the sailor. He turned to look at her and walked towards the side, closer to the young siren. She continued to lure the man in. He leaned over the side, and as she reached for his cravat he grabbed her arm.

  "Did you actually think I would be fooled so easily, siren?" the sailor asked.

  "What the- how did you-" Just then did she notice his eyes, dimly glowing in a dark maroon colour.

  "You're a-"

  "I know what I am, " the man interrupted. No, he was no man, he was a demon. "Ya know, you should really take a closer look at your victims before you pursue 'em," he advised jokingly.

  Maria was entirely unamused. "Cut the small talk," she demanded. "What kind of mission are you on?"

  The demon started to laugh. "Mission! Oh, I never thought I'd see the day a siren had a sense of humour." he managed to get out from his hysteria. Her face stayed stone cold.

  "Haha.......... you're not joking, are ya?"

  "No, I'm not. A mission is the only way a demon can reach the mortal world. What's yours?"

  "I escaped." the demon answered.

  "You what?"

  "Look, I don't have time to explain how. I just wanna get on land, live my life again, and never go back to that literal and figurative Hell ever again." he shot out, almost no breath in between.

  "Alright, you little auctioneer." Maria snarkily replied. "Just know there's, like, three angels on that bay."

  "I'll keep that in mind." With that, he lowered the sail and started back towards the shore.

  "Wait! I never got your name!" Maria yelled to the demon in denial before he got too far.

  "The name's Alexander," he yelled back. "Nice to meet ya!"

A/N

Short starting chapter, but they always get longer as we go along. Just a side project for now, so it's not gonna be my best work. But it's something.