On Goes the Rivalry

Eliza panicked over Alexander's unmoving body for a while until she realized there were other people in the sanctuary.

Quickly, she lifted his being into her arms and ran to the house of a man she knew could help.

~~~~

George Washington was humbly caring for some houseplants when he heard the rapid knocking on his front door. Calmly, but quickly, he opened it to find Eliza standing in front of him, almost out of breath, a young man in her arms.

"George, thank father you're here. He just fainted almost the second he came into the sanctuary. I thought that you could help." she explained.

He took the man in his arms, giving Eliza a break. He was surprisingly light, but he only made a small notice of it. He laid him down gently on the sofa.

"What's his name?" he asked, planning to at least be polite to him once he awoke.

"Alexander, I think. Or Alejandro. Something like that." Eliza answered. If anything showed this boy was new, it was the fact that she couldn't remember his name.

"I'll just go with Alex to be safe. For now, can you make him something light for when he wakes up?"

She looked hesitant but went to the kitchen without another word.

George, wanting to try to find out what made him unconscious, decided to take off the multiple layers of shirts he appeared to have on. Once he unbuttoned the last one, he was surprised to see what looked to be a black shell slowly forming over his abdomen. What wasn't covered appeared to be lighter in some places than the majority. He quickly recognized this as the guise of a demon. He rebuttoned the shirt as to not raise suspicion when Alex woke up.

He knew angels could tell a creature's appearance by eye contact, so Eliza should have known this kid was a demon. If she was willing to even bring him into the sanctuary, he must be at least a little trustworthy.

As he stood up he grabbed Alex's overcoat and the other articles he took off him and folded them over a nearby chair. In the meantime, he would continue to look for the reason he fainted.

~~~~

Alexander awoke to an unfamiliar setting. As his consciousness grew, so did a searing pain in his abdomen. He started to sit up, but the pain increased rapidly making him let out an audible grunt.

"Slow down son. We don't want to hurt ourselves more." said an unfamiliar voice. He looked around for it since he couldn't feel the aura. Behind him, he saw an older man watering a small fern.

"I was getting worried. You've been out for almost an hour. How are you feeling now, Alex?"

"Fine, thanks," he replied. "Now where am I, how do you know my name, who even are you, and where's that Elizabeth girl?"

"'That Elizabeth girl' is right here," she answered, holding a tray with water and what looked to be soup. "And you better be grateful to her. She's the one who brought you here."

"And on goes the rivalry." Alex jokingly replied.

"Now now you two." the other man mediated. "George Washington, by the way. I'm the one who's been taking care of you."

"What happened to me anyway?" he asked as he ate a spoonful of soup. It wasn't the best he'd ever had, but it was fine for what it was.

"Major energy loss. Trust me, it's not as bad as the name suggests. It might have something to do with how the sanctuary makes houses." George replied nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry, I must be losing it. I thought I heard you say 'the sanctuary makes houses.'"

"Nope, you heard it right," Eliza confirmed. "When someone new comes in a house is made from their energy. No one's ever fainted before, but somehow I feel like you deserved it."

"I don't even know what I did!"

"Settle down you two!" George commanded. "I know your species have a long-lasting feud, but can we put that aside? Alex clearly needs to rest still, and since you brought him here, Eliza, you need to take care of him. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes," the two said in unison.

Alex laid back down, his adrenaline rush fading and his pain returning. He watched Eliza step out of the room, probably to calm herself.

"I need to step out for a bit. If you're going to be here, I feel the other's need to know." George informed as he left the house.

With that, Alex decided to try and rest a bit to avoid stressing anyone else out. He needed the sleep anyway.

A/N

Wow, this was a long one. Tbh, I didn't know where to end it, so it just kept going. Of course, I did end it, but it was hard to not make it seem like it just cut off.

Wanted to make this one a bit comedic. I need to get better at writing comedy anyway.

If you're wondering what George is, he's actually just a human. I ran out of ideas for him.

Next chapter won't focus on these guys too much.