The Search

Aaron, as he came out of the Hellgate, fell face first onto the sand of the isle.

  "Ow!" he exclaimed. "Damn you, ground!" He promptly realized the stupidity of what he said. "Alex, the things you do to me," he mumbled.

  He continued on, quickly transforming into his human form and looking for any sign Alexander might have left. For now, all he knew was he left Hell and came here; where he went afterwards was unknown.

  He soon came to a small boat shop near the water when he felt remnants of Alex's aura coming from inside. 'Of course he'd get a boat.' he thought. He quickly went to the docked boats near the side, trying to find one he felt would take him the farthest; there was never a limit to the lengths Alex would go to get what he wanted.

  "Can I help ya?" a voice Aaron thought belonged to the owner asked.

  "Um, yes actually," he replied. "Which of these do you suppose would last the longest?"

  "Ah, gonna be out for a while? Follow me."

  The shopkeep took Aaron to the back, where he felt Alex's aura remnants become stronger.

  "This here beauty's stronger than any boat for miles." the shopkeep boasted, gesturing to a good sized boat near the end of the dock. "Well, other than that one some kid stole," he added. Aaron assumed he was talking about Alex.

  "Do you mind if I test it out?" he asked, trying to be convincing.

  "Of course." the shopkeeper allowed naively.

  As soon as he got a response, Aaron got on the boat, untied it from the dock, raised the small sail, and went off. As soon as the shopkeeper realized what he was doing, he was already too far away from shore. Aaron could faintly hear him curse his name from a distance, but paid no mind to it. He was not going to fail his first mission; he was tired of failing.

A/N

Decided to do another short chapter to let you relax from the last one. Hope you enjoyed.

(btw the next one is gonna be another long one sorry)