9

Earth.

"Rae? Is something on your mind?" Namjoon's voice pulled Rae from her thoughts as they all started walking back to their rooms, all of them exhausted from the serpent's appearance. Letting out a hard breath, she shrugged and ghosted her fingertips across the surface of her pendant, watching it pulse colours of green and blue from the corners of her eyes.

".. Earth. I miss home. It seems.. my pendant does, too. Did that make sense..?" She chuckled, diving both of her hands into her pockets. Rolling her shoulders with a sigh, she stopped in front of her room and pushed the door open, feeling the burning stare from the back of her head. However, she simply ignored it and closed the door behind her, almost immediately making her way to the mirror in the small bathroom.

There it was again. Her pendant glowing blue and green, the polished glass tempting her to go back home. Pressing a hand against the glass, she saw it ripple underneath her touch and dissipate the more pressure she put into it. Like stepping through one of the portals, her hand disappeared through the mirror — violently pulling it back in slight shock.

She didn't even notice she let out a small scream when there was a knock at her door. Jumping a little in her place, she held back for a moment and watched the mirror's material return back to its idle state, and left to answer her door. Pulling it open, she found Jimin standing there, concern dancing across his features.

"Is everything okay? I thought I heard something and came to check." He smiled gently, looking over her shoulder in case there was something in her room. A few moments of silence passed before she answered, her voice a little hurried since it felt that the mirror was calling her to go back home.

"Oh! Oh- yeah, yeah, eveything's.. fine Jimin." She replied, a little awkward but glad she got her point across. The prince's eyebrows raised slightly before he replied with an 'Okay' and left to go back to his room, as she let out a sigh of relief after closing the door. While waking back towards the bathroom, her pendant continued to glow the same colours.

They won't notice that she's gone.

Besides, she has her sword — and her pendant.

It'll tell her, somehow, when she needs to come back.

For the first time in her life, she was thankful for her small size and managed to kneel in the sink. Pressing both palms on the mirror, it seemed to give way much more quickly and she took in a deep breath, pushing herself forward into the mirror, and disappearing through the glass.

Hurried footsteps only just managed to burst into the bathroom as he saw her feet pass through, desperately stepping forward to stop her, but she was already gone. The mirror sealed behind her, earning a frustrated groan from the prince.

"Not yet."

・‥...━━━☆

Thump.

Here we go again- wait.

Rae was on the ground of her apartment, which seemed fine, in front of the weird mirror, which seemed fine. Yet, the screams and thunder from outside didn't seem fine. Scrambling to her feet, she covered her mouth in horror when black thunder flashed from the clouds of the same colour down to the town below. The town she grew to love and find herself a home in.