Bite Me

A large black mass fell from the loft and flattened Dean to the ground, his gun falling from his hand. He shouted in shock, attempting to get the mass off of him before it crushed his chest.

"Dean!" Sam shouted, raising his gun and taking aim.

"Shoot it Sam!" Dean shouted back, desperation in his voice. The thing snapped it's jaws at Dean's throat, the elder Winchester doing his best to keep it away.

"I can't, I'll hit you!" Sam screamed.

The thing clawed at Dean and a spray of blood hit the back of the couch. Dean yelled and pushed the thing off of him. He attempted to stand, claw marks raking down his right arm.

"What the hell is that thing!?" he exclaimed, dodging as the thing flung itself at him and onto the front porch. The thing kept running down the steps and paused a few yards from the front steps. It turned, it's furious golden eyes piercing the brothers. Sam held his brother and both of their eyes widened.

"It's a wolf," Sam whispered, lowering his gun.

"What the hell is a wolf doing he-" Dean didn't get to finish his sentence. The wolf charged towards them again, tackling Sam to the ground, snapping it's monstrous jaws at Sam's throat and his gun slipping out of his hand. "Sam!" shouted Dean.

The wolf howled, sinking its claws into Sam's arms. He screamed and threw the animal off; it collided roughly with the wall, tumbling to the floor. On shaky legs, the beast stood and shook out its dark fur, standing to its full height. Its head was easily shoulder height on Dean, standing at about five feet tall.

"That is not a normal wolf!" shouted Sam, regaining his breath. Dean lunged for his brother's fallen gun, realizing with panic that they hadn't loaded their weapons with silver. He raised his newfound gun towards the wolf as it snarled at him, lunging for his throat.

The gun went off.

The wolf howled and fell back, it's now injured leg flailing wildly in the air. A horrendous snarl escaped it's lips as it hobbled to a standing position, leaning against the wall, yellow eyes blazing with hatred and fury that the brother's had never seen in another animal's eyes.

Dean raised his gun again, aiming for the wolf's head. His stony features morphed to shock as the wolf's face began to change. The snout shortened, the ears shifted and the warm gold of the animal's eyes dampened.

His eyes widened as the wolf's form took the shape of a young woman, no more than twenty-four years old. Her eyes seemed to glow a bright E/C shade as they locked with his. Before either brother even had time to register what had happened, the woman lunged for Dean's gun still laying in the doorway and aimed it at Dean.

"Don't... move..." she said breathlessly. Blood stained her shirt from where the bullet had hit her skin, though it appeared to have only grazed her. She slipped one foot behind her and held her gun with a sense of confidence. Clearly, she knew what she was doing.

Sam shifted his weight and held his hands up, as if pleading with her to drop the gun. He leaned his weight against the wall and slowly stood. She whipped to the right to face him and shot a warning shot over his shoulder.

"I said don't move!" she screamed, chest heaving with fury and anticipation.

"Woah, hey hey hey!" shouted Dean, waving his hands in front of him. "Listen lady, put the gun down and let's talk!"

"Why would I want to talk to a couple of hunters that are trying to kill me!?"

Dean chuckled and shrugged, "Well... we aren't trying to kill you now?" He smiled hopefully.