Introduction

The year is 20X5. I live on Planet Zebes. I was born into a normal family. You know, I have a mother, a father, and a sister. We live in a normal house in a normal city. It's a pretty standard place...well, almost. At the age of five deca-cycles, approximately ten Earth years, everyone is given a special cannon, which is placed on their arm. Chozo Lore spoke of a great invasion of aliens known as Space Pirates to attempt to overrun our planet. After various successful experiments, we all have these cannons, which allow us to shoot "Power Beams." With certain upgrades, we can shoot other types of beams, and Missiles as well. Also, there is a Power Suit for each of us, but only in case of emergency. It provides greatly improved defense and we can morph into a little ball and drop small bombs. But, back to my story.

The cannon is only capable of shooting very small rounds, incapable of doing any damage. This is to allow us to get accustomed to our new weapon. Once we have received sufficient training, we are given an upgrade to the standard, quick firing Power Beam. Fast forward to about a deca-cycle later. I am given the upgrade and prepare to calibrate my targeting system. I attempt to fire a round, but nothing happens. They tell me that this is common. I'm pointed to a machine that diagnoses any and all cannon related problems. Before I insert my cannon, disaster strikes. A ship of unknown origin lands on the surface of our planet. Dozens of creatures emerge and begin attacking. Everyone retreats to acquire their Power Suits. I still had no firepower, so I wouldn't survive, even with the suit. They decided to send me to another time period. If I was sent to another planet, the Space Pirates would simply track me down and eliminate me there. I was brought to a time capsule that was built in case of emergency. Before I left, my sister gave me something.

"I made this for you. I was going to give it to you in celebration of receiving your arm cannon, but...." She gave me a bracelet with the letters T, U, S, and M on it, which are the first letters of our names. "The word TUSM means power."

"Thank you," I said as I put it on. Before I enter the capsule, the Space Pirates invade the building we were in.

"Get in!! We'll hold off these Space Pirates!" I get into the machine. There's a set of clothes inside, conveniently my size. Coincedence? Maybe.

"I'll miss you, big sis." She was the S. She set the coordinates and closed the door. She entered the time setting. Five hundred deca-cycles was just enough to avoid any way of being traced or followed. I left my home planet, possibly for the rest of my life. Seconds later, the pod stops. When I landed, I had no idea what was waiting for me on the other side of the door.