A New Responsibility

A couple of weeks have passed and there has been no sign of the creature you fought. You started calling him Scales but Gwen calls him simply, The Lizard. It's the last day of school and you and Gwen just got on the bus. "Just two more years and then we're outta here!" Gwen says raising her fist up smiling. You chuckle at her fiery enthusiasm. As the bus drives away you look out the window and think about Scales. How can he just escape like that? It makes no sense! Where did he go? Gwen looks at you. "Still thinking about Scales?" she asks. "Thought he was The Lizard" you reply. "I'll call him that to his face. Scales is his nickname." You chuckle and look back out the window.

Gwen puts her arm around you and you blush a little bit. She's really doing this! Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!! You think to yourself. "Look, we're on summer vacation! We now have plenty of time to look for him. But right now, let's enjoy this! Let's enjoy not worrying for exams, homework, or what to wear to impress the popular kids!" You smile still blushing and agree to have a little fun.

June 20th

Gwen texts you inviting you and Aunt May over to dinner to meet her family. You agree and you both soon arrive at Gwen's house. You meet Gwen's father and two younger brothers and they seem nice. "Alright, dinner's ready!" Mr Stacy says placing down plates of spaghetti for everyone to enjoy. You and Gwen sit next to each other and May sits next to the brothers. Mr Stacy sits at the head of the table. "How's the food, Mrs Parker?" he asks politely. "Oh, it's absolutely delicious!" she replies happily. You notice the two brothers whispering to each other and looking at you. You tap Gwen on the shoulder. "Your brothers keep looking at us weird." Gwen glares at her brothers coldly and they look down at their plates, continuing to eat their food.

"So, how's your job been going?" you ask Mr Stacy. "Well, we've been trying to finally arrest that duo, Ghost Spider and Spiderman. But so far we've lost them every time. Plus the general public loves the two. If we arrest them bad things could happen." You and Gwen look at each other and wink. A couple minutes later and you all have finished your dinner and continue to have the conversation about Spiderman and Ghost Spider. "Vigilantes act like they can do whatever they want just because they have powers. Well power changes people, and pretty soon, they'll go mad with it." You and Gwen look at each other again. Gwen looks down at the table. She then speaks up. "Daddy, may me and Y/N be excused?" she asks. Mr Stacy says yes and you both get up.

Gwen grabs your wrist and takes you to her backyard. Gwen rubs her arms. "I just couldn't take any more of him talking about us" Gwen says a bit annoyed. "Yeah, I agree" you reply. "If only he knew. Bet he would change his mind real quick!" Gwen chuckles and moves in closer to you. "You know, that's one of the reasons I like you, Y/N. Your sense of humor." You blush lightly as she bunps you with her hip. Gwen realizes what she just said and blushes as well. "I-I'm sorry I...I didn't mean it like that I...I-I-I definitely don't like you like you I..." You try to reassure her stuttering. "H-hey, it's okay! Don't worry about it!" The awkward silence between the two of you is soon so thick you could cut it with a machete. "Okay, well...I'm think I'm gonna head back inside" Gwen slowly blurts out. "Coming?"

You hesitate to say something as she makes her way towards the door. You clench your fist, swallow your fear, and ready yourself for the worst. Suddenly, Gwen feels something on her lower hip. She turns around and sees you spun a single web, stopping her. Before she can even respond, you pull her back into your arms. "Gwen" you whisper, weirdly out of breath, "there's something that ive been wanting to tell you--"

"Shut up and kiss me already!" Gwen whispers loudly before grabbing your head, slamming her lips into yours. The passion us clearly present as you can hear her breath heavily through her nose.

Gwen finally pulls back from what seemed like hours of locking lips

Gwen finally pulls back from what seemed like hours of locking lips. "I'll take that as a yes?" you ask her as she smiles at you still blushing. "You better believe it" she says getting down. "Wait...what will your dad say?" you ask her. "Daddy already likes you, but to play it safe, we'll keep it secret until the end of the summer." You go back inside as it seems May is ready to leave. "Come, Y/N. Let's head home." You say goodbye to everyone and head home. "So when's the first date?" May asks casually. Your eyes widen. "How did you--" you start to ask. "Y/N, I'm 87 years old. I'm not an idiot." She smiles at you and you smiles back. "To answer your question, I'm not sure, but I'm still really happy about it." You drive off thinking about what this all means now. Spiderman and Ghost Spider. A couple. So many fans' fanfictions are going to become a reality.