Talk!

I awoke the next morning to the familiar ding! of a text message. Several, in fact. I rubbed my heavy eyes and turned over to face my bedside table. I glanced at the screen. It was about 8AM and I had a text message from Violet. I unlocked my phone and opened it.

Violet: let the rumors begin, eh?

There was a link to an article.

MATTY HEALY WITH SOMEBODY ELSE? WHAT ABOUT GEORGIA WHITLEY?

The headline screamed at me in loud yellow letters. I groaned and rolled my eyes, not even bothering to click on the link or text Vi back. My mind wandered to Matty, and if he was off his flight yet. I felt a tinge of guilt poke at me, realizing he'd have to deal with being bombarded by rumors and questions when he arrived back in England.

My phone went off again and I grabbed it off the table.

Violet: Want 2 grab breakfast at Penny's?

I texted back,

Sounds good. Meet u there in about 45

Penny's was this cute, quaint breakfast joint about a block away from my apartment, and it had been mine and my sisters favorite place to go since we were 16 and started visiting the city. It almost resembled those Parisian cafe's you see on TV and in the movies, with the candy stripe overhangs and the cute tables outside with people reading the newspaper and drinking their morning coffee. It was familiar and I quite liked that about it. I quickly changed out of my pajamas into a red and baby pink striped sweater and slid into my favorite jeans. I did my makeup as fast as I could and left the apartment. Once I arrived at Penny's, Violet was already inside at our favorite table and I joined her. She had already ordered a cup of coffee for me.

"Hey there, stranger." She smiled.

"Oh god." I said, rolling my eyes and laughing as I took a seat.

"So, how are you feeling about all this speculation? Why on earth were you at his hotel anyway?" Violet asked, her eyes skimming over the menu as she spoke.

"Well, I don't quite like it. I don't want to be branded as some cheap slut who sleeps around with other girls boyfriends. It's probably not a good reflection on my career, either." I said, taking a sip of my steaming drink.

"You didn't answer the second part of my question." Violet stated, still looking at her menu.

"Well..." I beamed excitedly, perking up at the memory of the day before.

"Well what? Come on, Viv, you can't keep a secret from me." Violet prodded.

"Matty asked me for a portfolio of my work so that he could bring it to Europe with him and get me some connections." I announced.

Violet put her menu down and her sea green eyes met mine with a vivacious intensity.

"Why on earth didn't you call me?!" She nearly shouted.

"I don't know! I was trying to wrap my head around it myself." I explained.

"Thats insane, Vivian! Your art is gonna be in the fucking Louvre!" She yelled excitedly and a couple of people shot her some odd glances.

"I wouldn't go that far... Thats definitely not going to happen. But, I really can't wait to see where all of this takes me." I said.

"This is so crazy, Vivian. I can't believe it. Your gonna be famous! Your gonna move to Europe and become friends with all these elite and talented people. Your gonna go to awards shows and drive nice cars and-" Violet started on this whole tangent and I pressed a finger to her lips because she was getting louder and louder with each syllable.